“You're in for a huge treat !”
Review of Cafe Fish

Cafe Fish
Ranked #9 of 374 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Wow, they don't get better than this. On arrival we were warmly greeted, the proprietor sat with us and explained what fish had been recently caught, but the most impressive and thoughtful thing was that he asked my seven year old what she liked and then offered to cook it, even though it wasn't on the menu. The food was to die for, and to be honest I am not sure I could have bought the ingredients myself for less than what we paid. We were absolutely amazed at the whole experience. We have eaten at Rick Steins fish restaurant and it was hard to choose which we enjoyed most. Brilliant, if you haven't been and you like Seafood then you definitely should go.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our friends recommended we try it, and we enjoyed every mouthful. Being out of season we didn't book, but were accomodated no problem. They told us about William, and what a smashing bloke he is. Knowledgeable, very passionate, so friendly he felt like one of our group. My wife doesn't do fish - a steak was no problem at all. He recommended some excellent wine to accompany our meal which was one of the best I've had. Our steaks were sublime, our friend's lobster and fish were stunning (we swap forkfulls). The staff are just like the owner, with no hard sell nor hurry up. The food was top notch, perfect portions, and being a connossiuer of cheesecake I can't recommend this place enough! We WILL go back again next time we visit in summer. I very highly recommend this place to you all.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

cafe fish,oh so so good.... oh and the baked crab is a big WOW
fantastic restaurant , beautiful menu and the guy that owns it is so nice helps you choose if your not sure what to have, which is very easy not to know what to have , as the menu is a sweetie shop of fish yum yum :)

Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

It is no wonder this fabulous restaurant gets such great reviews.

It's not a huge place but the atmosphere is great. What really sets this apart from all others is firstly the great service.
The you g last serving us was friendly and informative, and very helpful. The owner who chatted with us for a while amusing and well humoured without being intrusive.

Secondly, what great food. Fresh, local and well cooked.
The scallop starter was the best I've had, the fish main was delicious.

I was to full for dessert so couldn't comment on these. I'll be back.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Knowing we were going to be celebrating my wife's 60th birthday, we wanted to eat somewhere special. We found it in Cafe Fish. It's not cheap, but it IS good value for this quality.

It went well from the reservation all the way through to the taxi ride back to the hotel. The staff are brilliant, William, the owner is a larger than life character who knows his business to the core. I asked him to choose our wine to go with the Lobster and Scallops, the choice was sublime.

For starters we had the best calamari I've eaten in UK. Portions are good, and I can't recommend the main course enough, beautifully cooked and presented (didn't wait to take a photo and I should have done).

With a sweet, we were seriously stuffed. The staff were attentive without being pushy and there was no 'pressure' to move, even though there people destined to dine at our table.

I love to give nice feedback, but there again it is SOo easy with this establishment. Highly recommended - we'll be going back at the earliest opportunity.

1  Thank brianwmay