“fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Fish

Cafe Fish
Ranked #10 of 352 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
lockerbie
“fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

cafe fish,oh so so good.... oh and the baked crab is a big WOW
fantastic restaurant , beautiful menu and the guy that owns it is so nice helps you choose if your not sure what to have, which is very easy not to know what to have , as the menu is a sweetie shop of fish yum yum :)

• Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
York, Yorkshire
“Excellent, excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

It is no wonder this fabulous restaurant gets such great reviews.

It's not a huge place but the atmosphere is great. What really sets this apart from all others is firstly the great service.
The you g last serving us was friendly and informative, and very helpful. The owner who chatted with us for a while amusing and well humoured without being intrusive.

Secondly, what great food. Fresh, local and well cooked.
The scallop starter was the best I've had, the fish main was delicious.

I was to full for dessert so couldn't comment on these. I'll be back.

Doncaster
“60th birthday treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Knowing we were going to be celebrating my wife's 60th birthday, we wanted to eat somewhere special. We found it in Cafe Fish. It's not cheap, but it IS good value for this quality.

It went well from the reservation all the way through to the taxi ride back to the hotel. The staff are brilliant, William, the owner is a larger than life character who knows his business to the core. I asked him to choose our wine to go with the Lobster and Scallops, the choice was sublime.

For starters we had the best calamari I've eaten in UK. Portions are good, and I can't recommend the main course enough, beautifully cooked and presented (didn't wait to take a photo and I should have done).

With a sweet, we were seriously stuffed. The staff were attentive without being pushy and there was no 'pressure' to move, even though there people destined to dine at our table.

I love to give nice feedback, but there again it is SOo easy with this establishment. Highly recommended - we'll be going back at the earliest opportunity.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank brianwmay
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Big portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

You get excellent value for money here and the service is good - just the way it should be. On our Friday night visit it was quite quiet though the chef had to lend a hand and serve. Quite an unconventional approach but it meant the dishes were served with minimum amount of wait. Food is decent. I had turbot that was slightly overcooked served with a stir fry that was a little too greasy, limp and a bit out of place. Accompanying scallops were half decent - big and juicy. Homemade cheesecake was excellent; thoroughly recommended. Don't quite like the fact the owner likes to chat to all the tables. Usually these conversations are at you rather than with you. I'd prefer to enjoy my meal unhindered.

• Visited November 2012
“fantastic food & fabulous service...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

come to scarborough every year & cafe fish is a must go to restaurant ( william & the staff ) really loook after you with the personal touch & the food is second to none, the chowders to die for . will definately be back next year...