“birthday girl who got the discount by will with the farrari :)”
Review of Cafe Fish

Cafe Fish
Ranked #30 of 378 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2012

loved evrey second the manager gave us discount coz of my birthday . me and my partner wanted a crab to share so he made us 2 small ones instead survace was very fast will defoes b cuming again thanks will :)

1  Thank cheekylips08

Reviewed October 26, 2012

On arrival we were greeted by a lovely man who turned out to be the owner of the restaurant. We were seated in the bar area and had our drinks orders taken very promptly, the gentleman sat down with us and told us all about the food available, his manor was very warm, I felt like I'd known him for years.
His knowledge about the menu was excellent and several of the other diners around us let him pick their food choices for them. To be honest I can't imagine that any of the dishes on the menu would be anything other than excellent.
The waitress service was excellent, all the staff were helpful and when asking advice regarding dessert choices the girls were enthusiastic and happy to recommend their favourites.
The whole experience was fantastic, the food was amazing and the staff friendly and very helpful.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant to any one. It is officially my favourite restaurant in Scarborough and I will absolutely be visiting again.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Very good service and food. Sat with the owner who told us what we would like to eat. He was right. 5 star.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

There seem to be few establishments in Scarborough that serve meals between 5 and 7 other than the fish and chip eateries. The menu at Cafe Fish looked promising and seeing someone seated at a window table we ventured in at 5.45 on a Thursday evening. The figure in the window turned out to be the proprietor doing some paperwork but nevertheless the welcome was warm and we were soon seated in the bar area with a drink.

The menu is predominantly fish as one would expect but steaks are available. Since the steakhouse next door is under the same ownership I imagine the quality would be similar. Several catch of the day specials indicate the freshness of the fish and we hope to return when we have more time to sample these. We were tempted by the Fish Crumble special starter which was served piping hot on a scallop shell with salad garnish. We followed this with two of the Fish Classics ( all at £9.95), selecting Proper Scampi - shelled king prawns lightly battered and served with salad, chunky chips and tartare sauce. My husband had the Fish Pie "Scarbro' Smokie" which he confirmed to be good, mainly white fish but in a well-flavoured sauce with smooth potato topping and served in an individual dish with a side salad garnish. A jug of iced water, fresh bread, butter and mayonnaise had been placed on the nice window table to which we were shown.

Despite being the only diners we felt very much at home and service was swift but not at all rushed. We couldn't manage a pudding though we would have had plenty of time as it is only a short stroll to the theatre. The restaurant is also convenient for the many hotels in the area. The bill for the two courses including a soft drink and a glass of house white was just over £36 which we though reasonable for the quality of the freshly-prepared food. We will certainly return on our next visit to Scarborough.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We regularly eat out in Scarborough but until recently have never visited Cafe Fish. However, I think I can safely say that this has become our favourite restaurant in the town and will be back before very much longer!
The staff were attentive without being overbearing and even the owner took the time to come over and personally take our order and have a chat. As seafood lovers we were really impressed with the variety available on the menu and especially impressed when we received the bill considering the standard of the food we had received.
The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly and we will definitely return!