“Lovely little apartment, great location”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Romany Grace

Very good
View from the front
The Italian Gardens just at the end of the road
Enjoy a glass and relax
We are located just behind the set of ITV's 'The Royal'
View from the end of the road
Large flat screen TV and DVD player
Shower room
The South cliff Clock Tower
The view from above the Spa, a 5 minute walk away.
Shower
Surfs up on South Bay
Outside
Good old fashioned fun
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed September 21, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

nice when we arrived very clean, no hot water in bathroom but the shower perfect.
Bed really hard we found it difficult to sleep but then some people like hard beds, sofa in lounge very soft and low not for anyone with a disability.
DVD player would not work.
But on a positive well equipped and a good area, near to the Italian Gardens which are beautiful.
this is a dog friendly flat and in a quiet area, plenty of parking over the road from the accommodation, if the bed and sofa where changed this could be a really lovely place

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Sep 26, 2017
I'm sorry you were not happy with the bed and sofa. It seems a bit like the 3 bears, one was too hard and the other too soft! However the height of the sofa is clearly visible in the photos. I have checked the DVD player and it works fine so I'm not sure why you couldn't operate it. Perhaps if you had contacted me during your stay I would have been able to assist you. However thank you for your positive comments. Regards James
N6492FSni...
“Lovely little apartment, great location”
Reviewed July 14, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

We spent a week at Romany Grace in July and loved every minute. The flat itself is small but ideal for a couple and very well equipped. The owner, James, dealt with our one query very quickly despite being abroad at the time so huge thanks to James for the excellent service! Location-wise, the property is a two minute walk from the lovely esplanade and Italian gardens, from where you can walk down to the beach and prom. We barely used our car all week as it was easier to just walk into Scarborough town centre. Lots of great walks for the dog so he gives Romany Grace his stamp of approval too! Already thinking of rebooking next year.

Jul 16, 2017
Thank you for your lovely feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and would love to welcome you back!
marymacki...
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed June 16, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Well located flat near the gardens of the south cliff. Perfect for a couple or single person. The flat was clean and well equipped for our needs. There is a Sainsburys local nearby to buy essentials. It is a pleasant 15 min walk to town along the cliff top and you can walk to the top of Oliver's mount from the flat. Would happily stay here again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
TrueYorks...
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Cosy residence for a long weekend in Scarborough”
Reviewed April 12, 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

My wife and I wanted a long weekend in Scarborough and Romany Grace was ideal. It is a short walk to the Esplanade and the Italian Gardens with it's relaxing walks and sea views. The Highlander pub nearby on the Esplanade served up excellent food for a very reasonable price. The South Bay is also easily accessible with a walk of about 20 minutes. The amenities in Romany Grace are good, it is clean and well kept. We both enjoyed our stay and will return.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
John U
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Perfect base for walking”
Reviewed March 17, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

A lovely little flat in a great location. I had looked at previous poor reviews but couldn't fault this accommodation. Although it is compact there is everything you need including free wifi at a really reasonable price. It was clean, comfortable and warm. I will stay again.

mrparnold
Wigtown, United Kingdom
“Small and poorly fitted out”
Reviewed November 26, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Its OKish but very small, a mish mash of odds and sods parts used to put together a basic offering. Very small double bed in a small room, and a TV almost at ceiling height in the lounge diner kitchen, and using the toilet requires gymnastic skills.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: TV was OK despite height, good mattress even though too small
Liked least: Wonky chairs, sticking front door, lack of towels, poor kitchen kit
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Nov 26, 2016
Thank you for your review. I am unsure of what you mean by a mish mash. Perhaps free WiFi and fitted kitchen with leather sofas for £40 per night? As for gymnastics I am unsure how you use a toilet but most of our guests just stand or sit in the conventional fashion. The height of the tv is clearly shown in at least 2 photographs you could view prior to booking so I am also unsure what the problem is with this? However had you informed me of this being a problem during your stay I would have been happy to move it for you or install crash mats in the bathroom to aid in your gymnastic sessions.
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Nov 15, 2016
I am sorry that you did not have a perfect stay. Had you made me aware of these problems during your stay I would have had them corrected. I have recently planed the door but it must have swelled again. Fortunately we have had a busy season but I will take stock of your comments and correct them. Kind regards for complimenting our location. I am sorry if you experienced noise from other guests however this is a draw back or renting a lower floor apartment however we reflect this in our pricing which for a flat with modern facilities and free WiFi we believe to be very reasonable. Best regards James
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing