“Lobster to die for”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Lobster to die for”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The staff are very friendly, with wonderful food, beautifully cooked, we had a super evening meal. Terrific!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Quantum-Martin

Scarborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I took my girlfriend for a meal here a few days ago. Upon walking we were greeted by a nice waiter who went to get our table ready. My first issue came whilst waiting for the table. We stood by the bar, but, although there was plenty of room to walk around us one waiter decided to try and walk through where we were stood. We moved for him out of common courtesy however there was no acknowledgement. Although this is not a big issue, I personally would have said thanks if I was working and someone moved to help me. Then as we sat down we were handed menus by the first waiter. No issues. The menu was quite nice. In particular they have a tomato and pesto garlic bread which sounded delightful. The second waiter then came over to ask for our drink orders. I asked my girlfriend what she wanted. She took about 5 seconds to decide and the waiter then just said I'll come back and left. It was not done nicely. After this we left because of this waiters rudeness. We had previously been to tuscany too which was fully booked but I can fully understand why. Although we didn't get a table I had a much nicer time there. My advice to anyone considering tuscany would be to book at tuscany too. And if your desire to go to tuscany is great enough to actually make you go there, avoid the small waiter with medium length grey hair. (He may have been the owner as he was not in the same uniform as the other waiters.)

1 Thank Ben S
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Always A Treat!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My Husband and I visited this great restaurant on August Bank Holiday Saturday. We had an early dinner but there was still quite a few people in. I had fillet steak cooked to perfection, rare and my Husband had seafood pasta which he said was the best he had ever had, praise indeed. The staff are always attentive and efficient. The menu is extensive and good value for money. The atmosphere was warm. Highly recommended. Will certainly return when next in Scarborough!

1 Thank WestYorkshireFlossy
London, United Kingdom
“‘Oasis in gastronomic desert’”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This small Italian restaurant is indeed an oasis of civilisation in what appears to be something of a gastronomic desert. The genial owner, Angelo, runs an extremely efficient outfit with the help of his chef, Michele, and delightful waitress Martina. We thought the back room a little uninviting, but were offered a table in the front, and enjoyed two excellent meals. The food includes ‘specials’, with locally caught fish; the wine-list is short but fairly priced; and the service is impeccable. The restaurant is extremely convenient for visitors at The Grand and Royal Hotels, and obviously also has a local clientele. After looking around the town for some time with mounting despair, we were relieved and delighted to find Tuscany, and can recommend it with confidence.

birmingham
“WE Loved this Place”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We found this delightful restaurant one sunday night mooching around scarborough . It was a quiet night when we went but Angelo the owner entertained us all and we got chatting to different people on other tables, he created a really friendly atmosphere. After we had eaten both him and the chef did magic tricks which was hilarious ! The food was amazing. The vegetarian ravioli was to die for .. well presented, absolutely delicious.. Portion sizes are generous which always pleases "us Yorkshire" people ... I keep telling everyone who ll listen to seek out this restaurant if they want authentic Italian food.. House white was good too... Forget fish n chips..treat yourself .. you re worth it !!

• Visited July 2013