“Stay away”

Red Dragon
Ranked #186 of 352 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Mongolian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Horrible decor,atmosphere and the food,well far from nice. Anyone that eats there obviously doesn't know good food!! Stay clear of it!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good for an all you can eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Food was nice enough and even though it is all you can eat larger portions of each meal would be better, or the choice to order more than 4 per table. Atmosphere was lacking and staff unfriendly.

1 Thank littlebruce17
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Me and my boyfriend have been to many chinese restaurants, and the value of this restaurant is great value for money and the amount of food that you get is really good, because being a eat as much as you like we got quite a lot dishes and price only cost us £ 20 which is really reasonable, plus the service is really good as well so we would recommend people to give a try.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Karen L
“Nightmare”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

We arrived and were seated promptly,there was 2 groups of us,my cousin his girl and his 2 year old and my wife and i and our 3 kids who are 9,8 and 18months,we ordered our drinks and when we went to order food the manager came over and told us we would have to pay half price for the 2 year old and the 18month old when we advised him they wouldnt be eating,he advised us if he saw any of the kids eat a single thing he would charge us half price for them which was £5.75 .when we told him to forget it we would finish our drink and leave he backed down after trying to get us to pay for just 1 !!!! So we had to pay full price for our 9 and 8 year olds,you had achoice of starters but it doesnt matter if you have a table of 2 or 4 you can only order 4 things for starter and 4 main meals,thus meaning if theres only 2 of you,you get the same amount if theres 4 of you but you pay double the price,ABSOLUTE JOKE OF A PLACE AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“Don't bother going here - seriously.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

This place sounded quite good, so we visited it, we did get attended to fast and seated, but we were under the impression that it was an all you can eat buffet - it wasn't, you are given a menu type sheet on the table and forced to order starters first (2each), then you can order main but can't repeat order which is daft.
The food felt and tasted as if it'd been microwaved, the 1 main I ordered was the lemon chicken which was tasteless and I was convinced it'd been cooked from frozen - it was soft and soggy. My partner ordered 1 main which was chicken in pineapple, the chicen was o.k, what there was of it as the dish was filled with a load of peas and chunky carrots - the sort you'd expect with a Sunday dinner.
We also felt under pressure to eat what we were presented with due to a charge of £4.50 per dish that you left any of, it wasn't a good experience at all.
I noticed the place looked a bit tatty, and some of the staff moaned and shook their heads at each other.
We couldn't get out of there fast enough - seriously. I have reviewed quite a few places and I'm fair to slightly generous.
Avoid this place - go grab yourself a bag of fish & chips instead.
I have given this place 1 star as I had to, in my opinion it deserves 1/4 of a star just because we got sat down quickly.