“Make this a destination when visiting Scarborough”
Review of Harbour Bar

Harbour Bar
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Scarborough
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast
Lancashire
“Make this a destination when visiting Scarborough”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Third time in Scarborough as a family and the whole trip this time was designed around our visits to Harbour Bar. Youngest daughter vv excited to be re-visiting and ordering her 2nd 'chocolata'!! It's a mountain of scoops with chocolate sauce and fchocolate flakes balancing on top. Very reasonably priced cones too - went for the big one yesterday!! Has to be seen to be believed.
One critiscism (if it can be called that) is there is no real queueing system inside and there are two entrances, very limited seating both at tables and around the counter. Firstly we only managed to grab one stool and then we spread out around the restaurant to grab another 3 seats. A lady arriving after us went to 2 bar stools and when I told her we had been waiting a while she said so had she. Could have been a tricky situation but luckily she backed down. Eventually managed to get 3 stool sand I stood to drink my coffee (made with hot milk - delicious!) It's a bit of a free-for-all, and when you're spending almost £20 on 4 ice-creams I want to be seated!

Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Family history”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I'm an original Scarborian who's moved away to foreign climes... I always visit the Harbour Bar when I am home...it's almost like a pilgrimage. When I was small all my grandparents used to take me here and this place for me (and I think with 1000's of other people from the local area) holds some of my most cherished childhood memories. The ice creams were so big, so tasty and the ladies in yellow so friendly... I'm happy to say that those childhood memories ALWAYS become fact when I visit now as an adult. The place is spotless, the service fast and friendly and the ice cream is still the best ever. This place is special and rightly so....

Ayr, Canada
“Fantastic”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Loved it! Loved the look and the way the waitresses were dressed too.... Ice cream was great also went in everyday while in Scarborough. Would also like to say the prices are reasonable for what you get it's a lot of ice cream and if u don't like it don't order n go else where! Why have it then moan about what u pay? It's a great wee place defo recommend a visit....

1 Thank Sylviamck
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

10/10 for food. 10/10 for drinks. 10/10 cleanliness. 100/10 for ice cream!!! A great place for snack & a cuppa. Fantastic location directly opposite the harbour. Spotlessly clean toilets .... but all four of the walls are mirrored, which means that you can see reflections of your self disappearing into infinity! So if like me you're thinning on top be prepared to confront your bald patch.... or wear a hat! We'll definitely be back. Thank you.

• Visited May 2014
“Ice cream from the good ol' dayz”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Excellent ice cream set in a 50's style American parlour. Lots of choice & friendly service. You have to try Bananarama or Chocolate Nut. Definitely the best ice cream in Scarborough.

1 Thank Richard T