“best ice cream parlour”

Harbour Bar
Ranked #2 of 7 Dessert in Scarborough
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Ice Cream Milk Bar on Scarborough's seafront opposite the harbour in the South Bay. Menu includes a range of tasty sandwiches, HOT TREATS and COOL EATS. Sit on tall stools and watch our" Soda Girls" create mouth watering delights or relax at a table by the window and watch life go by
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Used this place since childhood days, always great ice cream , great 50/60s feel with good service , its simply works so well and a local legend , flavours are awesome and ice cream homemade

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Its been the same since before I was born. Why change a winning formula? perfect hard icecream + sundaes. . . .but the secret is, they also do wonderfully fresh toasted cheese n ham sarnies. .. . .with a superb bit of side salad. . . .have it with a little glass of horliicks. . . . . . it may seem a little odd to eat sandwiches in an icecream parlour, but try it - you'll like it!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We always have to visit the Harbour bar when we visit Scarbrough! The ice creams are the best! Fab traditional 60's feel and the servers always look very smart and retro in their lemon uniforms! I had a knickerbocker glory sundae and it was lush! My kids had a twisty cone and really enjoyed them. The only down side, as with many places in Scarbrough, they don't take debit or credit cards, cash only :-(

Reviewed April 23, 2014

There is nowhere that can beat the Harbour Bar ice creams. I have been coming here since the early sixties. When I was a young girl my last night's treat of the holiday in Scarborough was a "Knickerbocker Glory" just as good now as it was back then. My favourite ice cream is the lemon twist, you also can still have a drink of Horlicks made the old fashioned way.
Always our first port of call when in Scarborough. You will not find any better ice cream and various ice cream sundaes anywhere as good not only in Yorkshire but the country.

1  Thank kaznet
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I've come to The Harbour bar since I was a little tot and I'm in my 50s now!
It's grown in size, and the prices have inflated some what, but in reality, is like stepping back in time.
The choice of sundaes is huge, but they would be happy to make you anything you wanted.
We sat at the counter and ordered. We watched them being made and took a picture to send to our children, who have also made visiting The Harbour Bar a tradition when they visit Scarborough.
They were delicious.
We enjoyed every mouthful.
I hope it continues trading just as it is and never changes.

2  Thank sally1962