“Trip down memory lane”

Harbour Bar
Ranked #2 of 7 Dessert in Scarborough
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Ice Cream Milk Bar on Scarborough's seafront opposite the harbour in the South Bay. Menu includes a range of tasty sandwiches, HOT TREATS and COOL EATS. Sit on tall stools and watch our" Soda Girls" create mouth watering delights or relax at a table by the window and watch life go by
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stopped here after spending a day enjoying a bit of winter sun this half term. Both myself and my wife often came here as kids and we bought our son along for one of their ice creams.

We bagged a spot at the bar and placed our orders - two ice cream sundaes and one milky coffee. These were all fantastic and to be honest we could of shared one. They are not the cheapest but they are a good size and my Eton Mess was full of big juicy raspberries. The chocotastic sundae our son had was brilliant and the homemade chocolate sauce was amazing. Staff polite and prompt and there is also a takeaway outside for cornets and other stuff as well. Lots of variety on the menu and the bacon sandwiches, with free coffee, looked worth a try not the next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,004)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I cannot return to my home town without the ritual of a sundae at the Harbour Bar. I am instantly transported back to my childhood, this place has not changed a bit. It's still all yellow Formica and chrome. Sitting up at the bar you can watch as your order is assembled, my favourite is the chocolate, award wing vanilla ice cream layered with home made chocolate sauce, crumbled flake and nuts topped off with a chocolate mint crisp and chocolate wafer. TDF.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

On our way home from a few days away we happened to be on the outskirts of Scarborough, not intending to stop due to the bad weather, very windy and wet. But, we looked at each other and said 'Harbour Bar' and knew we couldn't drive past without calling in as it's one of our favourite spots.
One Knickerbocker Glory for me and one Eton Mess for my wife, both went down a treat. We love their ice cream, which is so much better than almost anywhere else I've ever been. The sundae's may not be cheap at £5.25 each but we can't resist.
Looking forward to going back in the summer.

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We were walking past this place, and called in for a quick drink. The staff were lovely and we were served immediately. We ordered 2 lime and lemons, and sat at the bar. The pop took me straight back to childhood. Was delicious. We didn't try the icecream but intend to return in the summer. Really nice feel about the place, and it's really clean. The toilets deserve a mention too... they were spotless! Can't wait to return.

1  Thank Sonya-Star S
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Went here to try the lovely ice cream in the classic decor. Got seated on chairs next to counter and staff were instantly attentive and helpful. Surprised by the negative comments about the staff, must have been an off day coz they were great today. Really liked my lime and lemon soda float, went down a treat.