“Better than I expected”

Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Seems more fish and chips than seafood but I suppose it caters for demand. Saying that I had special which was excellent value and the fish stew was very good . . Much better than the plastic table cloth and "fish an chip" diners had me expecting. . Worth a visit but in my opinion if you want seafood try others

Reviewed September 9, 2013

For friendly service you can't beat the Golden Grid. Many thanks to Dimitri for making our regular visits so special for my friend. x

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Over priced menu, very cramped restaurant, it was like being in a school cafeteria. Food was below average and there was no atmosphere. Wouldn't go again.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by our hotel (The Crown) and it did not disappoint. We booked a table overlooking the sea which was a real bonus - but the true delight came in the food! I would consider myself a bit of a fish and chip fan, so have consumed the good, bad and ugly in the past! The fish was lovely, with delicious batter and the chips and mushy peas were great as well. The offer for having fish and chips with bread and butter and tea is good value! Be hungry if you order the whopper - it is truly HUGE (2 fish in batter!).
We didn't order any of the seafood dishes, but those coming out looked delicious as well.
Our staff were lovely - Lucy in particular who was cheerful and helpful. We will be back on our next trip!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We loved this restaurant. Great food and value for money. My husband had large haddock and chips and I had lobster salad and. Side order of chips. The lobster was so fresh you could taste the sea! The haddock was top quality too and both were cooked and prepared to perfection. I can heartily recommend this restaurant. The premises are nice and clean nod the staff were lovely.

1  Thank Pencepunce