“Stuffed!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Meal was delicious and you certainly don't want to be on a diet if you eat here. Decor and furnishings could do to be updated but still very comfortable eatery - highly recommended.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were welcomed in without booking to a fairly busy pub but the alarm bells rang when we were still waiting after an hour for two basic meals - seemed to be 2 waiting staff , one of which doubled as a glass collector. After 70 minutes from ordering the food arrived and my Lasagne was just awful , thick with cheese I then discovered SEVEN pasta sheets before some very poor quality meat - I don't expect gourmet food for under a tenner a head but didn't expect dog food either, which it reminded me of.My wife said her burger was okay but no great shakes and after waiting an hour and more with a young child in tow we had ran out of options for this particular evening's dining so I had to make do with the chips and onion rings and could not face the main, even with my strong constitution.asked if everything was okay we made clear it wasn't and the waitress advised us to make it known at the bar when settling up (tripped off her tongue like it was fairly normal) but the barman claimed they 'never' had complaints and reluctantly knocked off £4 - seems to me that they offer too many dishes with too few staff (2 waiting , possibly 2 in the kitchen of this large busy pub) might depend what you order but can't recommend it at all - I left disgruntled , disgusted and hungry.

2  Thank steven b
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

1 st impressions is good country pub. Good selection of ales hand pumped ales is a must on my list. Ordered food and waited in anticipation. I ordered a burger as I was too hungry. Oh dear they brought out a double burger with side salad and a huge pile of hand cut fresh cooked chips. Well I started and couldn't stop. Delicious every piece. My wife had curry which was impressive in size and full of flavour and succulent chicken.
All in all very good well worth a visit.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We have been to the Foxhound on several occasions,and must say the food is always excellent,so if your'e ever in this part of the country,you must make it a must for a visit.We have been on four occasions whilst on holiday at Primrose Valley this year,twice in July and twice in September.We as a family all commented that the service is always excellent,and as for the food words cannot express how good it is.Every meal we have ever had is always of top quality,and the portions are very generous too,and are always presented nicely .Some places give quantity but not quality,some quality but not quantity,but the Foxhound experience gives both.When we have visited we always leave and comment on how consistent and excellent the food is,and what a varied menu there is to suit every taste.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We visited the Foxhound Inn on an extremely busy Saturday night. The service we received was very good and the food was excellent and very good value for money, however we did have to wait quite a while for our food to arrive at the table but well worth the wait. After reading the previous comments regarding wearing elasticated waistbands I totally agree its a must!!! The Foxhound Inn overall was a lovely evening with lovely food but if anything could do with a freshen up inside but it was clean. Well worth stopping at but you won't need to eat for a week before or after.