“Fan blooming tactic”

Ranked #257 of 365 Restaurants in Scarborough
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2012

After visiting the forge for their special French themed night last night I would like to put people's mind to rest. With a warm welcome (helped with a glass of champaign) myself, partner and parents enjoyed a wonderful evening of absolutely delicious food. I cannot fault the 5 course meal we received which was perfectly presented, piping hot and arrived with a smile from the two gentlemen waiters. With a great selection of wines to wash the meal down the atmosphere spoke for itself as to how much all the other guests were enjoying themselves. Very much looking forward to visiting the tea rooms one afternoon to try what the day menu has to offer. With food tasting that good there is no ground to comment on if it is value for money or not. 5 star chef I say!

There are newer reviews for Brompton Forge

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I visited Brompton Forge for lunch with a friend on Tuesday. The decor is warm and comfortable, with a range of seating options to suit any requirements. We opted for a window seat in one of the front rooms.

We had coffees and a simple lunch of salmon and potatoes with salad.

Very reasonably priced with friendly and efficient service - can't ask for more.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I find it hard to compare this lovely cafe with some of the indifferent reviews on Tripadvisor. We enjoyed quality homebaking including the bread, homemade jam with the scones, beautiful Cornish clotted cream, a piping hot, large bowl of soup and well filled sandwiches again made with homemade bread. Go there , you will not be disappointed. You can even park your car. This place deserves to succeed.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We have visited the Brompton Forge over a number of years, first when it was purely a restaurant, and more recently since it became a tea room.
Last week we went for lunch, which was very enjoyable. It does fall down somewhat in that the main courses are limited. There was a very good atmosphere to the place and the service was friendly and efficient.
Today we decided to try out their breakfast menu. Again the food was fine - I enjoyed the full Yorkshire breakfast. However the place was empty apart from ourselves and we got the impression that they were surprised to see us there. It was a cold gloomy day outside and felt much the same inside.
In the future we will restrict ourselves to lunchtime, although that will be fairly infrequently in view of the limited choice of main dishes.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I've visited the Brompton Forge a few times since its tranformation from restaurant to tea rooms and have been happy with the offering on each occasion. The food is good, the service is adequate and, though not cheap, I think it provides reasonable value for money.
As regards ambience/surroundings it's definitely the best in the area - more like a classy restaurant (which is what it used to be) than a tea rooms.
The menu is quite limited so it's possible to get a little bored with the choices when you've visited a few times. My advice to the proprietor would be to offer more daily specials to keep regular customers interested.
Definitely one to visit when you're in the area.