“Lovely ambiance”

Il Piatto ristorante italiano
Ranked #57 of 376 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner visited here at the weekend as we were having an evening away. Found this place on tripadvisor and thought it looked nice.
Good points-
>Friendly staff. Obviously care alot about the business.
>Beautifully presented food. We had 3 courses
> nice ambiance. Nice lighting
> didnt feel rushed and liked that your space isnt intruded at all.
> reasonably priced. Three courses for two of us with all our drinks £50 good value for good food

My only slight critism was that it was a tiny bit cold when we first went in and everytime sombody came in but to be fair on the coast you cant stop the wind from blowing so maybe just ask to sit further up the restaurant

Overall very nice and would go again

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Went to this restaurant merely by chance as me and my partner walked by it next to our hotel. Interior was lovely, atmosphere was great and the staff were super friendly. For the actual food, well it was fab as well! Presentation was excellent, and also very delicious.

Every aspect of the meal was great and really affordable for what you got. My only wish was that we could have tipped more at the end but being pesky students, alas we couldn't afford it.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I found this nice italian restaurant, that recently changed the name from "Da Claudio" to "Il Piatto". I couldn't be more satisfied. The restaurant gives an intimate and comfortable feeling, with relaxing italian music in the background, not loud. Staff is very kind and polite. Claudio, the owner is very friendly and warm. Food is of supreme quality, with abundant portions. Compared to the other italian restaurants in England, this is one of the very few who provides an original but authentic italian menu with food cooke in the italian way and not in the "englalian" way!
3 meal course x 2 with a Prosecco bottle costed 52 pounds. Will definitively come back!

PS
Opinion from a picky italian expat

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My title says it all.
We chose the pre-theatre menu (3 courses and wine for £44 for two people) and were very pleased with every aspect of the meal.

Presentation impressed, the taste was delicious and the serving size was generous (which was great as we were enjoying the food so much).

The restaurant was spotlessly clean, nice cutlery and table presentation; a warm refuge on a cold and wet Scarborough night. On the night we were there the restaurant was very quiet (probably due to the weather). They deserve to be busy!

We were pleased to note the 5* hygiene rating.

We live 250 miles away, so this will be a rare visit but if they were closer we would be 'regulars'.
Thank you, Il Piatto, we wish you continued success.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This was our first visit to Il Piatto and we were a little concerned that it was empty when we arrived (not long after opening on a Saturday evening) and thought the waiter was being facetious when he asked if we had a reservation! However, within 30 minutes we understood why, as every table was full of customers who obviously realised it's popularity! Whilst we initially felt the menu was limited and unlike many Italian restaurants did not offer the old favourites of Lasagne/Pizzas etc. we were not disappointed with our choices. All the food is homemade and cooked to perfection, my steak was one of the nicest I've ever tasted and the vegetables were beautifully cooked and presented with extremely generous portion sizes. My husband chose the Sea Bass which he also said was beautiful and again the presentation and portion sizes could not be faulted! This meal was the highlight of our stay in Scarborough and I am only sorry we don't live closer as we would definitely become regular patrons! Highly recommended...but book a table unless you're going very early !