“Great food - great restaurant - different name” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il Piatto Restaurante

Il Piatto Restaurante
Ranked #69 of 353 Restaurants in Scarborough
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
York
“Great food - great restaurant - different name”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Even though the restaurant is called Il Piatto online it is still called Da Claudio on the restaurant facade and all the menus. The taxi company was initially confused when we asked for Il Piatto so be warned!!
However the food was beautifully presented and very tasty. There are two menus available; the pre-theatre menu and the a la carte menu. You are able to switch between the two which is what we did, but you are unable to take advantage of the special offer available on the pre-theatre if you do this.
We had two starters, two mains, one pudding, two liqueur coffees and a decent bottle of wine for £80.00 which seemed very reasonable for the quality of the food.
Overall, I would recommend the restaurant to family and friends and would definitely return if I stay in Scarborough again.

2 Thank andyn656

• Czech first
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Leave room for pudding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have always been fans of this restaurant, having always had just wonderful meals and evenings. Claudio always keeps his menus fresh so even for frequent visitors there's different choices to be had.

The one menu item that did remain a nice familiar constant was the desserts... The cheesecake, pannacotta and so on were always a lovely end to a meal.

So imagine our surprise when we found out the old favourites had gone, and were replaced by choices such as chocolate and Guinness pudding?!

Despite us not being sure, we tried it, and we were not disappointed. ! I'm not usually a chocolate fan for puddings, finding they can be heavy and sickly. I don't know how Claudio has done it, but the sponge is light, with the taste of chocolate and Guinness being just right.
We also tried the white chocolate dessert, and again, I wasn't sickly or overpowering but subtle and smooth.
Not only were they wonderful to taste, they came out as works of art!

So my recommendation remains for this wonderful restaurant, with the tip that now, you MUST leave room for pudding!

bournemouth
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“lovely food and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Visited on a wet and windy Thursday evening,having stayed in a very mediocere hotel.We were delighted to find this little gem of a restaurant, what a pleasant change to find an italian restaurant that doesnt serve pizza or chips ,just delightful regional food served with style and flair .Thank you for a very enjoyable evening .we will return when in the vicinity again

• Visited February 2013
Chesterfield
“Fabulous service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We fell on this little jewel on Tuesday night and was delighted to find that on Monday and Tuesday night they offered a 3 course meal with a bottle of wine for 2 people for £40. The menu to choose from was extensive (all listed on their website) and the food wonderful - I had the Parmesan basket with asparagus and poached egg for a starter and it was the best I've tasted - would have chosen as a main if I had realised how big the portions were. My husband couldn't face a sweet but I had the chocolate cake with ice cream and it was heavenly (and the OH did manage to take a few spoonfuls of the ice cream) The service was first class and all staff were pleasant and smiling.

It was on a Tuesday and out of season but very quickly filled up so I would recommend booking a table.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank dof
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Still ticking the boxes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Group of 9 of us came here and had a wonderful time. Starter of Linguine and scampi was full of flavour and my Fillet steak Rossini was fantastic. Tiramisu to finish was as good as ever. Wine good, grappa good. Service great. I cannot understand a recent review that criticises the service, which I have always found good, and the staff for not being able to speak English when in fact they do very well. As always perfecto!

• Visited March 2013