Ask Italian - Scarborough
Ranked #30 of 371 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You couldn't ask for a better location for dining in Scarborough than that of the superb ASK Italian restaurant. Based in the North Wharf, ASK Italian sits directly opposite the sea and is perched on the harbour side. If you dine upstairs you'll catch the most magnificent views over the sea and Scarborough Castle and the large outdoor seating area is idyllic in the summer months. As for the food, ASK Italian Scarborough serves up classic Italian food with style and flair. The menu is full of tasty Italian dishes such as the Pollo Marsala (chicken supreme cooked in mushroom and Marsala wine sauce served with green beans and a bowl of seasoned chips or roasted new Charlotte potatoes or the delicious salad with marinated king prawns and a spicy chilli and lemon dip. Enjoy a chilled Peroni beer or glass of wine and indulge in the beautiful views and first class food at ASK Italian.
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Title says it all really. Haven't been to one of these in a while. The menu is pretty comprehensive and we all found something to choose. The chocolate dessert to share was very nice.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,588)

Reviewed August 29, 2014

I am not much of a 'chain' restaurant type of person as it tends not to have that freshness about It and conjures up that quick blast in the microwave. I think with my experience here was different. Even so went twice... Though as expected in august it was busy we didn't have to wait long for a table. The staff were very tentative and the atmosphere relaxed. The kids menu is reasonably priced at £6.50 of which they get the usual puzzle entertainment a starter, main, sweet and a babycino (frothy milk with coco dusting) , the options are not massive but enough for the fussy kid. My daughter decided she did not want the veg but the carrot and cucumber sticks and they obliged with no issue. For the adults amongst us we went for the whitebait special and chilli dough balls for starters and calzone con carne (had a nice kick to it) and pollo pizza. Nice portions , didn't feel hungry or bloated after. With a round of drinks the meal came to £70 which is about right for what I'd expect to pay.

Reviewed August 29, 2014

Nice view of the harbour, food good quality but service wasn't what you would expect. We got there at 4.45pm to ensure we got our food by 5.15pm as had hound children with us. Sat upstairs but wished we hadn't as we were sat in a draft with the conservatory door open. Asked three times for it to be shut before eventually they shut it - this was only after four other people asked to be moved because of the draft. Kids starters came with me which would have been ok if they had asked us or told us - which they didn't. I ended up dropping my cutlery through the banister at the table good job no one under us - not my fault just bad design of the upstairs. Had to ask three times to order kids deserts and a latte. Latte arrived as a large even though I'd asked for a small. Food excellent service needs improving.

Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

Brilliant. The only problem we had was the fact we can't book a table so had to wait but. Other than that the food is delicious and the kids menu is great also. An all round good restaurant x

Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Been to this branch of ASK numerous times over the last 3 years and it never fails to deliver... Food is always amazing and the staff especially the blonde lady (who looks like a younger Kylie Minogue) are awesome... The only critic I have is - make the place bigger!