“Perfect !”

and 1 more site!
The Almar
Ranked #6 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Returned again for 7 & 8 Sept for the 'Goldwing' weekend. Had a brilliant weekend. The Almar gets better the more you return! Stayed in the twin room - comfortable and roomy. Great location, very clean, very friendly, good food and plenty of it and a well stocked Bar. What more is needed. All we can say is "See You Again Soon"

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights (7/8-9-12) and it was by far the best B&B I have ever stayed in. The room (single) was exactly what I expected and was adequate for my needs. It was spotless and felt clean and fresh. I think everything positive that can be said has already been said on previous reviews. The breakfast was fantastic and a good weapon in the fight against (2) hangovers! The owners / manager(s) are very helpful and friendly. They even let me store an unfinished indian meal (Tikka Tikka indian restaurant is superb) in their shed which caused some puzzled looks and questions the following morning! By the way it was delicious on my return home to Leeds if you are reading this! I think Scarborough has improved a hell of a lot in recent years.The North Bay is great for a good walk / run and is somewhere you could sit for hours and just take in the views and sounds of the ocean. This was the first time I have stayed over but I will be back next year and shall be staying at The Almar again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Just thoroughly enjoyed a 2 night weekend break with my hubby - he's stayed on for the rest of the week for the golf. Jamie, Joel and Michelle are the sunniest people you could ever wish to meet! The whole of the hotel is spotlessly clean, our room was modern and newly, very tastefully decorated. Thank you Joel for the excellent breakfasts! Cooked to order and perfection! We have stayed at the Almar many times before so already knew of its great location. Close by there are fabulous places to eat after we had enjoyed a relaxing drink at the hotel bar. A great bonus! We are so happy that such warm and friendly, professional guys are running our number 1 place to stay in Scarborough!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kim b
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have just got home from another stay at The Almar and once again it was a brilliant weekend.
Jamie, Michelle and Joel were as usual very welcoming and friendly, the hotel was spotless, the room comfortable and the breakfasts delicious... what more can one ask for, will definitely be returning for a 4th time.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I recently stayed for a two night break as a base for a cycling weekend, Scarborough is a beautiful town and the knowledge of the staff here ensured I knew where everything of relevance is, and directed me to more cycle routes.

The breakfast was a great bonus, and excellent value for the whole stay.

I went to Whitby on the national cycle route which was incredible (I'm from Suffolk so this is a huge contrast).

Travelling down by train the guest house is located close by, and I will certainly be making another trip shortly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2012

we have just had a family weekend at the Almar (we had 5 double rooms) and all in all our stay was very nice. The rooms are were spotlessly clean, as were all areas of the hotel, we stayed in room 6 which was beautifully decorated and had a lovely en suite. Unfortunately the shower has no water pressure at all and the water just dribbles out. The room was also unbearably hot so we had to sleep with the curtains and window open which meant being woken very early by the seagulls!!! All of our group mentioned that sleep was difficult due to the heat so maybe fans in the rooms would be a good addition. That is the only negative comment that I have about the Almar!!
The customer service is second to none with Jamie, Joel and Michelle going out of their way to make sure we were happy. As we were there with our 1 year old grandaughter we all stayed in the hotel bar on Friday night (I actually think we nearly drank them dry!!) and they allowed us to bring take away pizza in to eat in the bar, even though they dont allow take aways on the premises!! Jamie and Michelle looked after us so well and were brilliant with the baby too (she was into everything but they were great with her). Drinks at the bar are bottles and cans which are sold at reasonable prices.
For the second night we fancied an indian and Jamie recommended the Indian Rose, which he rang and booked for us and even let us use their 25% off card!! Excellent meal and good price too. Michelle even offered to babysit my grandaughter for us while we went, we didnt take her up on the offer as Ella comes everywhere with us but it was exceptionally kind of her to ask!
Breakfast at the Almar is cooked by Joel and was delicious!!! Just the right size portions, freshly cooked and piping hot both mornings.
The hotel is 5 minutes walk from Peasholme park and less than 10 minutes from North beach.
I would definitely recommend the Almar and will go back next time we are in Scarborough (I will pack a fan though just in case!! Exceptional customer service x

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
JamieD, Owner at The Almar, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thanks for the review Jo. It was really nice to meet your family this weekend.

I'm afraid this is the curse of owning a Guesthouse in the UK.... We have spent the last 3 months having everyone commenting about the poor weather. Once the weather improves its now too hot!!!!

On a serious note we have looked at this and will supply fans in the near future.

We have also rectified the fault in the shower in room 6.

We hope you'll join us again the the future

Jamie

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed in March. Single room was small but was well equipped. Was a little disappointed in breakfast - rather obvious portion control, although quality was good. Hotel is very convenient for North Bay and Peasolm Park, but unfortunately little was open at this end of town in May. Overall a little disappointing

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo