Green Gables Hotel
The Crescent Hotel(Scarborough)
$155
$140
  • Breakfast included
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
$558
$85
  • Pool
$172
Ambassador Hotel(Scarborough)
$77
$74
Hackness Grange Country House Hotel(Hackness)(Great Value!)
$118
$114
Hotels.com
$90
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgames roomself cateringswimming pooltable tennisping pongwoodchip wallpaperfamily friendly hotelleather sofasfamily roombedroomed apartmentbit datedlovely parkboth bedroomsbeds were comfortabletwo singlesliving roompublic rooms
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I know people said this hotel is dated, but what do you want for your money? If you have young children it is ideal. The swimming pool is a decent size and the games room is a nice touch. 2 table tennis tables (free), game of Pool 50p, and table football. The lounge/bar area is nice and snug.
This is a family hotel but couples would also like the place. Yes it's dated but you don't need to worry as the rooms are fine. Take a pillow with you if you need that sort of comfort as the ones provided are pretty thin. Plenty free parking too, on the grounds or off street if need be. There's a choice at breakfast and the food is fine. Bar snacks are pizza or chips, not the nicest but serves a purpose if the kids are hungry.

If you need a couple of days away with the kids this inlace is ideal and great value for money. Staff are really nice too.

Alan

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Shoestring12
GreenGables36, Manager at Green Gables Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. We appreciate all feedback and hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

The hotel is like a rabbit warren and can be difficult to find your room even when using the signage. The games room and swimming pool were real positives as was the billiards room and small bar area. The reception staff were generally friendly and were happy to help, however the waitress forgot to bring/put the order in for our kids breakfasts and when it was raised she didnt apologise, although did bring them quite promptly afterwards.

The accommodation, as others have said is dated (but understandably would cost loads to refurbish) although it does make it a bit quirky. Unfortunately the shower in the morning was cold as there was no hot water coming through. I raised it before leaving and again unfortunately didnt get an apology just a note being taken and comment that someone would look at it. I just think an apology when things are missed/dont work is the difference between average and very good for me im afraid.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
GreenGables36, Manager at Green Gables Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

I'm sorry for the shortfalls in the service you found during your stay, I agree an apology can make the difference so please allow me to apologise on behalf of our staff members during your stay. I hope this experience has not wholly put you off returning.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was fantastic for what we needed. Family friendly, dog friendly perfect location. A bit like going back to 70's with decor, but well equipped and very clean. Great value for money, fantastic games and snooker room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We like to think the decor is in keeping with the history of the building but obviously not everyone agrees unfortunately. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here thank you.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have been to Green Gables before with my wheelchair and refused to go back unless I had a bedroom in which I could manoeuvre my wheelchair. I did phone up this time and explained my needs so I was given a family room (actually 2 adjoining rooms with beds for 5 people). However no other effort had been made to help for example there were no hand rails any where and I know from previous experience they are not in any other rooms. I have an average size manual wheelchair and the lift was only just big enough for myself and my husband (who is average build) if he held his breath and I put my feet back. Also the ramp to he dining room was not signposted so some people who should have gone down the ramp struggled with the stairs using walking frames, crutches and sticks. As a result one person had an angina attack. This would be an easy and inexpensive thing to put right and I do not understand why it has not been done before.

It was irritating that I could only get into the building by the side door which was kept locked so my husband had to go round to the front each time we wanted to get in to get someone to unlock it, whilst I sat in the cold each time (it was a cold November day). I really do not think they have thought through at all the problems faced particularly by wheelchair users but also other disabled people.

The food was kind of OK but the first night was chicken pasta with chips and salad which seemed like a very odd combination to me. I would never put two different carbohydrates on the same plate, and I would not put hot and cold on the same plate. On Saturday night I had fruit for dessert and after peeling it and opening it I discovered it was completely black inside. It looked absolutely disgusting and made me feel sick. The replacement orange I was given was not ripe and had lots of green on it so I refused to eat that either, and eventually ended up with a banana that was OK

Overall not a great experience and I will certainly not go back even if my church has a church weekend there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stopped here in July this year, the whole family went so we had four rooms in total.
The pool was small but the children loved it, we were lucky no one was I the pool when we were otherwise may have been abit cramped.
Rooms were okay, nothing spectacular but fine to sleep in for one night, bathroom was clean ect
I had an issue with some noise but the manager on reception sorted it out straight away which I was very impressed with.
Hotel location is about a good 40 minute walk into scarborough but we did not mind the walk as weather is nice
Brwakfast was lovely too

Room Tip: Nice hotel and lovelybreakfast
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the slight journey into town is not ideal but we feel the surrounding area is worth it! We hope to see you again.