“Coachman Inn Snainton near Scarborough”
Review of Coachman Inn

Coachman Inn
Ranked #115 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
England
“Coachman Inn Snainton near Scarborough”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just returned from a one night stay at the Coachman,we were well looked after from the moment we got there till we left this morning. The staff were very attentive and the food was excellent.Would go back again it's so peaceful.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank thomas051

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
North Yorkshire
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Just been for a fantastic meal for my mum's birthday. (4 adults and a baby) The service and food were spectacular. Lovely soup and steak (myself) and my family enjoyed duck terraine, fishcakes, steak, lamb and haddock. Desserts are out of this world and if possible we would have had them all!! Wine lovely and treated ourselves to the ice wine (dessert wine) which was out of this world. Service was very attentitive and the staff made us feel very welcome in their restaurant. To say we had out baby with us, we felt very at ease and comfortable eating here. We have been before and we will be keep coming back!

Room Tip: had two dishes for £15 today- bonus
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Myself, partner and little one went here for dinner after reading reviews on trip advisor.

Food was lovely. Big portions and two meals for £15 which was a bargain. Also do children's meals which we had for little one. Good choice on all menus. I couldn't fault anything about the meals.

Staff very friendly and helpful, and a nice place sit and enjoy food/drinks.

• Stayed May 2013
UK
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Well we are recovering from a delicious indulgence..... The food here is really wonderful, especially for the price. We are listening to other people ordering their food, always intriguing to hear how we rationalise our choices and the things people have to say about the last visit....
Well our last visit was great and we promised ourselves to come back soon, so here we are nearly 2 years later. Chicken livers in wine and cream, braised beef cheeks, celeriac mash (chef, portion was too big but wonderful taste) and the most intense chocolate tart. I can't move. Saisai eat smoked haddock fish cake, belly of pork and eaton mess.
A nice malt for nightcap and off to soft fluffy duvet.
Recommended

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ScalliwagToo
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent just the one night in this charming inn/hotel but would have liked to stay longer. The room we had was a good size tastefully furnished and decorated. The bathroom toiletries were a very nice popular French brand. We ate in the restaurant that evening and the food was excellent as was the breakfast in the morning. The hotel was relaxed and cosy, I only wished we would have had more time to spend exploring the lovely countryside but it has given us the desire to return!

Room Tip: Rooms facing onto the back of the hotel might be quieter away from the road but saying that I really...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have recently visited this establishment on two occasions, the bar usually has a nice local ambience, a warm coal fire and real ales. The food is excellent value, of a very high standard, beautifully presented, very fresh and absolutely delicious! We all wanted to try a sweet course but were to full. A well priced, nice selection of wines to choose from, Very nice staff with good service .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Scarborough
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have just returned from a lovely meal with my family. The Mother's Day menu was really very tasty. I had the goats cheese starter which was very good. I was lucky enough to try my boyfriend's broccoli and Stilton soup which was also very good and my mother enjoyed a huge slice of pâté and toast. I had pork for main course with all the trimmings, the vegetables were very fresh and full of flavour. I finished with an assortment of cheese and biscuits. All my family members spoke highly of their dishes too and the empty plates spoke volumes. The set price of £18 for three very nice courses really was worth every penny. The service was great and the staff were very friendly. I will definitely return and no doubt my family will follow. Thank you for a lovely Mother's Day meal, my Mother had a wonderful day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Hackness Grange Country House Hotel
#1 of 3 in Sinnington
The New Inn
The New Inn
#2 of 12 in Thornton-Le-Dale

Been to Coachman Inn? Share your experiences!