“Great Mothers Day meal.”
Review of Coachman Inn

Coachman Inn
Ranked #101 of 184 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have just returned from a lovely meal with my family. The Mother's Day menu was really very tasty. I had the goats cheese starter which was very good. I was lucky enough to try my boyfriend's broccoli and Stilton soup which was also very good and my mother enjoyed a huge slice of pâté and toast. I had pork for main course with all the trimmings, the vegetables were very fresh and full of flavour. I finished with an assortment of cheese and biscuits. All my family members spoke highly of their dishes too and the empty plates spoke volumes. The set price of £18 for three very nice courses really was worth every penny. The service was great and the staff were very friendly. I will definitely return and no doubt my family will follow. Thank you for a lovely Mother's Day meal, my Mother had a wonderful day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here lastnight and had a beautiful meal that I felt must be commended! We regularly eat here and we are always impressed with the food quality, service, ambience and the whole establishment in general. Lastnight we chose two dishes from their ever changing special's menu and my dish the honey and ginger glazed mahi mahi with crispy noodles was one of the nicest meals I have had in a long time. I love the way a country inn can produce such varied and interesting dishes which you be hard pushed to find anywhere else in the town! Well done to the Coachman keep up the good work!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We havn't stayed here, but called in for a drink and meal on a Friday night. Our welcome was warm and friendly, the roaring log fire made the bar a very comfortable place to be. We ate from the 2 for £15 special menu for, Jan and Feb only. Starters are around the £6 mark as are the sweets. Main courses are £10 upwards. I had the 1/2pound Aberdeen Angus burger and my wife had the beef cheeks. The burger was excellent, very moist firm beef burger topped with blue cheese served with chunky chips in a little basket. My wife's beef cheeks also got top marks, served with celeriac mash and peas. The portion sizes were adequate and very good quality. They also serve two real ales which i recommend a pint of. When eating you have the option of eating in the restaurant which looks very smart with its crisp white table cloths, defeinately a room for that special meal, or in the bar. We ate in the bar. Service was good. I can't fault our first experience of this place. We will definately be back again.

Room Tip: We didn't stay here
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2013

popped in last week for a late (2pm) Sunday lunch in the bar. At £10 for a good plate of lamb or beef or chicken with potatoes, a big Yorkshire pudding and side plate of perfect veg this has to be the best value Sunday lunch in the whole area. The food was complimented by excellent and friendly service. Well done.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2012

we sateyd there with my husband. The room was spacious and comfortable and clean. We ate in the restaurant , where the food was very delicious. I can higly recommend this lovely place to stay just outside Scarborough.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We popped in for lunch one Monday, the fire was lit & the welcome was just as warm, we had drinks first then ordered lunch, I had the gourmet burger & my partner had the gammon with an egg & pineapple ! We were the first in but as we chatted in front of the crackling fire more couples arrived and the atmosphere became light and chatty between everyone in the bar, we had been offered the chance to sit in the restaurant but opted for the bar as after looking in there we were slightly under dressed. The food arrived promptly & we thoroughly enjoyed the perfectly prepared food, the service and attentiveness of the staff was 1st class & this topped off a very enjoyable luncheon experience. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2012

my wife and i stopped here for sunday lunch some weeks back and enjoyed it so much that we returned for an evening meal last saturday(8th dec) and were delighted with great sevice, exellent food and atmosphere, not to mension value for money. we will be making this a regular haunt. well done to all the staff and management

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Ox Pasture Hall Hotel
#83 of 184 in Scarborough
The New Inn
The New Inn
#2 of 12 in Thornton-Le-Dale

Been to Coachman Inn? Share your experiences!