“Wow!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #127 of 184 Scarborough B&B and Inns
yorkshire
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here lastnight and had a beautiful meal that I felt must be commended! We regularly eat here and we are always impressed with the food quality, service, ambience and the whole establishment in general. Lastnight we chose two dishes from their ever changing special's menu and my dish the honey and ginger glazed mahi mahi with crispy noodles was one of the nicest meals I have had in a long time. I love the way a country inn can produce such varied and interesting dishes which you be hard pushed to find anywhere else in the town! Well done to the Coachman keep up the good work!

• Stayed February 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We havn't stayed here, but called in for a drink and meal on a Friday night. Our welcome was warm and friendly, the roaring log fire made the bar a very comfortable place to be. We ate from the 2 for £15 special menu for, Jan and Feb only. Starters are around the £6 mark as are the sweets. Main courses are £10 upwards. I had the 1/2pound Aberdeen Angus burger and my wife had the beef cheeks. The burger was excellent, very moist firm beef burger topped with blue cheese served with chunky chips in a little basket. My wife's beef cheeks also got top marks, served with celeriac mash and peas. The portion sizes were adequate and very good quality. They also serve two real ales which i recommend a pint of. When eating you have the option of eating in the restaurant which looks very smart with its crisp white table cloths, defeinately a room for that special meal, or in the bar. We ate in the bar. Service was good. I can't fault our first experience of this place. We will definately be back again.

Room Tip: We didn't stay here
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

popped in last week for a late (2pm) Sunday lunch in the bar. At £10 for a good plate of lamb or beef or chicken with potatoes, a big Yorkshire pudding and side plate of perfect veg this has to be the best value Sunday lunch in the whole area. The food was complimented by excellent and friendly service. Well done.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
budapest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

we sateyd there with my husband. The room was spacious and comfortable and clean. We ate in the restaurant , where the food was very delicious. I can higly recommend this lovely place to stay just outside Scarborough.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We popped in for lunch one Monday, the fire was lit & the welcome was just as warm, we had drinks first then ordered lunch, I had the gourmet burger & my partner had the gammon with an egg & pineapple ! We were the first in but as we chatted in front of the crackling fire more couples arrived and the atmosphere became light and chatty between everyone in the bar, we had been offered the chance to sit in the restaurant but opted for the bar as after looking in there we were slightly under dressed. The food arrived promptly & we thoroughly enjoyed the perfectly prepared food, the service and attentiveness of the staff was 1st class & this topped off a very enjoyable luncheon experience. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pickering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

my wife and i stopped here for sunday lunch some weeks back and enjoyed it so much that we returned for an evening meal last saturday(8th dec) and were delighted with great sevice, exellent food and atmosphere, not to mension value for money. we will be making this a regular haunt. well done to all the staff and management

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Marlborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I travel all over the country and stayed here for one night whilst in the area on business, this was my second stay. On my previous stay I was surprised the inn wasn’t busier as I found it very comfortable with the food to a very high standard and reasonably priced. I was not disappointed this time as I was met by friendly staff, an open fire and good food. This time however I was the only guest and the only person eating in bar or restaurant . Whilst the staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient on the Thursday I stayed there was a lack of seniority and experience that may help to explain the lack of locals from this charming and high quality hostelry.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
East Ayton Lodge
The Mallyan Spout Hotel
The Mallyan Spout Hotel
#1 of 1 in Goathland
No photo provided
North End Farm Country Guest Hou...
#128 of 184 in Scarborough
Downe Arms Hotel
Downe Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wykeham

Been to Coachman Inn? Share your experiences!