The Crescent Hotel(Scarborough)
$170
  • Breakfast included
Hackness Grange Country House Hotel(Hackness)(Great Value!)
$112
Ambassador Hotel(Scarborough)
$131
$127
Travelocity
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
$171
$93
$128
$114
Priceline
All reviewsblack puddingdining roomroom was spacioussteak pielog firefeel so welcomewarm welcomedog
Reviewed December 13, 2012

we sateyd there with my husband. The room was spacious and comfortable and clean. We ate in the restaurant , where the food was very delicious. I can higly recommend this lovely place to stay just outside Scarborough.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We popped in for lunch one Monday, the fire was lit & the welcome was just as warm, we had drinks first then ordered lunch, I had the gourmet burger & my partner had the gammon with an egg & pineapple ! We were the first in but as we chatted in front of the crackling fire more couples arrived and the atmosphere became light and chatty between everyone in the bar, we had been offered the chance to sit in the restaurant but opted for the bar as after looking in there we were slightly under dressed. The food arrived promptly & we thoroughly enjoyed the perfectly prepared food, the service and attentiveness of the staff was 1st class & this topped off a very enjoyable luncheon experience. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2012

my wife and i stopped here for sunday lunch some weeks back and enjoyed it so much that we returned for an evening meal last saturday(8th dec) and were delighted with great sevice, exellent food and atmosphere, not to mension value for money. we will be making this a regular haunt. well done to all the staff and management

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I travel all over the country and stayed here for one night whilst in the area on business, this was my second stay. On my previous stay I was surprised the inn wasn’t busier as I found it very comfortable with the food to a very high standard and reasonably priced. I was not disappointed this time as I was met by friendly staff, an open fire and good food. This time however I was the only guest and the only person eating in bar or restaurant . Whilst the staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient on the Thursday I stayed there was a lack of seniority and experience that may help to explain the lack of locals from this charming and high quality hostelry.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2012

A disappointing, poor, unimaginative Sunday lunch menu. We chose the Coachman to celebrate a special occasion and booked the table several days in advance, however, it was not necessary as the dining room was empty - a slight concern.

A plain liver pâté was followed by 'beef' - I requested this to be rare, but this was not possible because the joint had been cooked 'whole'. It arrived plated, accompanied by a dry Yorkshire pudding, baton carrots - supermarket bag prepared?, bland cauliflower cheese, and green beans.

Our friends chose fish pie - why would you serve roast potatoes with this dish when mash potato is included.

All the meals were poorly presented for a restaurant that has boasted better over the years and has serious competition in the surrounding area.

The service was the one redeeming feature.

Sorry Coachman but Sunday lunch can't be too difficult - review the menu, and challenge the chef!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends