All reviews parking facilities dining room room was spacious steak pie log fire feel very welcome warm welcome dog
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We have dined at this Inn four times now, twice in the restaurant and twice in the bar.
The food was first class on all occasions and the service was great, the staff are very friendly with nothing too much trouble. The atmosphere in both the restaurant and the bar is very relaxing and friendly. It is a coaching Inn the decor is done to suit the age and style of the building., and if you wish to eat outdoors lovely gardens. Will be back.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I've been to this Inn for meals on two occasions now, both times were on a Monday, even though it's 60 miles from home...it is close to the caravan site I visit at West Ayton and friends in the Scarborough area.
The meals were first class, but I discovered it's down to the head chef's skill. Always been able to just walk in without booking, but this will change, I'm sure, over time.
Don't know about weekends..the chef is off then!
I will be going back!
Try his steak, the mussels or his fish & chips..among others; and try his selection of Yorkshire cheeses!

Room tip: Haven't stayed here yet.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Jake G
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My youngest Daughters Bridal Party stayed at the Coachman prior to her wedding on the 18th August 2012 at East Ayton Church. Although we only stayed the Friday Night before the wedding Victoria made us sooooo welcome, nothing was too much for her and she managed to accomodate the 9 adults and 5 grandchildren. She did us proud on the Friday night for meals and everything was so clean and spot on.
On the Saturday morning between the comings and goings of the Bridal Party to the hairdressers and keeping the children entertained again nothing was too much trouble for her and her staff, the boys having BIG FULL BREAKFAST and the girls and the kiddies having flexi breakfasts through the morning. What more can one say about the Coachman other than we arived as customers but left as true friends and Victoria became part of the family for our stay. She helped with the Bridal Party throughout and waved us off in the Wedding Cars. A truely relaxed start to our daughters wedding and it was a great pleasure for my husband and I to have had our daughter leave from such wonderful premises and staff. WELL DONE VICTORIA.We will be back very shortly, as promised.Barbara and Brian Fairfield

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

First class service, food to die for!!! Lovely lovely place, warm friendly staff...the brakefast was second to none... I stay a lot in chaned hotels, but this beats them hands down, then atmosphere in the small bar was buzzing, the Friday night I stopped, and was made most wellcome by the locals in the bar.
Will call again.

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This was our second visit to the Coachmann Inn and again it was of the highest quality. The service was very good, efficient, helpful but very relaxed - they really do make you feel at home. The food, although a different menu to what we had previously was again very very good. The setting is great and you are close to Scarborough and Dalby Forrest. Plus if you like golf you have to visit the shop down the road - huge stock and very reasonably priced!

Date of stay: June 2012