“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
London, United Kingdom
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Rooms were lovely, clean and comfortable we had a very nice breakfast and the staff were friendly and helpful I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Scarborough.Very close to the sea front and they give you a free permit for parking

Room Tip: It's in a quiet location and very near the sea front
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie5918

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Was booked in here through work so wasn't sure what to expect. Very friendly staff, great food and what I can only describe as a comfortable atmosphere.

I was a bit dissapointed that the restraunt closed at 7:30pm but after explaining that I would be coming in from work after that time they then took my order for the following evening and it wasn't an issue.

My room was great, if a tad on the small side, however a colleague I was working with had a huge room. Luck of the draw I guess. I would stay here again, but not if I was paying myself. The £90 per night was a bit excessive for a 3* hotel, especially when I had to park about 300 yards up the street.

Overall, yes it's a good hotel with great service and food but a little bit on the pricey side.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel recently. No problems at all. Excellent food, good service, very clean and a good location. The other guests staying in the hotel were also very friendly.
Unfortunately I did not have time to use the pool.

Room Tip: Possibly ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andyrocco
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I went on a non bowling, bowls tour and this hotel certainly lived up to the good points on Trip Advisor. For an old build it was well maintained and the service all round was friendly and very good. We toured with Airedale Tours and we found that the coach, the driver and the daily venues were superb. Whitby was the diamond in the crown though, what a fantastic venue! The swimming pool looked good good and our friends enjoyed talking in there.

Room Tip: The sea views are worth the extra but go for the second floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sam5UK
Attleborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel on Monday3rd March for a four day stay from start to finish we were so well looked after. Nothing was to much trouble all of the staff were fantastic. I have to have a gluten and egg free diet and the Chef made sure I was extremely well fed. We will be going again that's for sure. The rooms are spacious and clean and the pool is great can't wait for the gym to go in. Thank you all.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Terencejack
Bath, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Just returned from a 5 day break at this Hotel. We received a very warm welcome on arrival and all staff were very happy and willing to please. The room we had was beautiful and clean, the meals and entertainment excellent. The pool was an added bonus which we enjoyed. As a special diet for me (Lynda) was required, all the staff went out of their way to accommodate me
especially Joanna (Restaurant Supervisor) who always had my special milk, bread etc waiting
for me. Also my thanks to the chef who always made sure I had things I could eat.
A great hotel all round, would love to go back again sometime.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Glyn P
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Just returned from this hotel having spent a Saturday/Sunday. We wanted a hotel that would provide, bed, dinner and breakfast and a swimming pool. We took our Granddaughter for her 10th birthday as a treat. The staff were very friendly and even took the time to decorate our table with birthday confetti and even a birthday card, which was a lovely touch. The pool was really good, shame about the hot tub ! The food was excellent both at Dinner and Breakfast. We will certainly be back and would recommend to anyone. Good value for money,

Room Tip: We had room 117 which had a double and single bed and overlooked the sea.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank CMD1970
RedLeaGM, General Manager at Red Lea Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the Red Lea Hotel.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay, especially your grand daughter, as we pride ourselves in being family friendly, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

David Hull