“Wonderful”

and 1 more site!
The Paragon
Ranked #72 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We chose the Paragon for its position and because it is family run. Plus the web site showed the lovely rooms. We had the Platinum with a wonderful sea view and were really pleased with it.
Mike and Lyn were very friendly and helpful, especially planning out trips out on our first visit to Yorkshire and using public transport.
The staff were very friendly and polite when serving the wonderful breakfast which set us up for the day.
Would definitely recommend to anyone going to Scarborough

Thanks Mike & Lyn for a lovely holiday

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 19, 2011

Mike,Lynn and staff were friendly and helpful.The hotel was spotlessly clean.We were staying in the family room with a sea view,where we saw a beautiful sunrise.
Our room was perfect for me my Husband and our 15 yr old Daughter.
The Breakfast was gorgeous,especially the sausage!
Mike recommended plenty of restaurants in walking distance,we went to the chinese on the way into town,we couldnt fault it.
This was our first visit to Scarborough and we all loved it.
The Paragon is a Gem!
Thankyou for a wonderful stay,
The Westwood Family.

Reviewed May 30, 2011

This was our first trip to this hotel and even from making the first phone call and speaking to Lynn you just knew that this hotel would be very friendly and would welcome you with open arms.

On our arrival check in was easy, Rachael was on the desk and was very helpful asking if it was our first time in Scarborough and if the drive there had been a pleasent one.

The hotel is within an easy walk to the North Shore areas and is ideally situated away from all the hustle and bustle.

We came back to the hotel after having a meal in the Town Centre and was welcomed straight through to the bar by Mike. We purchased our drinks (resonablly priced) and settled in to the bar for the evening.

The only downside would be the noise from the back of the hotel, it was very warm and we had to sleep with the window open and we were woken at 4.30 by some drunken couples arguing in the street, we would suggest booking a Sea View room to avoid this.

Breakfast was in my partners words...AWESOME - Fantatic quality and not some cheap imitation of the real thing as you can sometimes find in hotels.

overall we would definately recommend this to hotel to all of our friends and we will definately be booking back in to see Lynn and Mike.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane H
Reviewed May 29, 2011

We stayed at the paragon last night after choosing it from the picture boards outside
It's family run and someone is around Pretty much all day untill
About 11pm I have stayed in b&b's where you only see the owners at meal times which is no good if you want advice on where
To go or eat in Scarborough
The room (1) was light airy spotless
Because of the late booking and the bank holiday all the sea view rooms were occupied we had a room facing the main road and I had to have the window open to help me breathe cos I've got a
Cold we wasn't disturbed by any traffic noise or people walking past
Everytime we go to scarbrough in future I'll be booking the paragon
And will be recommending it to friends, family and work colleagues

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 21, 2011

We stayed at the Paragon this May because we were getting married in Scarborough. We booked the Platinum room, room 3, for it's beautiful decorations and sea views, and we certainly weren't diappointed! The interior design in the rooms is stunning, with such wonderful little details. The sea views and views of the castle are breath taking too.

The staff couldn't have been friendlier, and were so helpful in every single way. They made our stay feel really special, and even took some photos for us of the Bridal party before we set off for the wedding, which we will treasure forever.

The breakfasts were also amazing and the breakfast room and lounge area were really light and airy and nicely decorated. It was really good value for money, and we had such a lovely stay. Many of our friends and relatives stayed there too for the wedding and they also thought it was excellent.

Everyone was just so welcoming, and everything was really nicely decorated, clean and pretty. I particually enjoyed the view from our room as I was able to watch the sun rise over the ocean, which was a beautiful sight.

Room Tip: The Platinum room is stunning.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We went as a large family/friends group this weekned as we had a family wedding. The service couldn't have been more personal. The rooms were really nice and the breakfast good-including real butchers sausages, but what will really stick in my mind is Mike going to the trouble to photoghraph my daughter in her wedding dress as she left the hotel. The next morning, he presented her with a beautiful black and white A4 size, professional qulaity photo to take home!
Thanks so much, we would definitely come again.

1  Thank Sunners9
Reviewed May 15, 2011

We just returned from a two night stay at the Paragon Scarborough, where I shared a double room with my partner as part of a large family group who had other rooms in the hotel. The first thing I'd like to say is that I was looking at the picture-boards in front of other B+Bs on the same street, and I definatley think we chose the best one! The others look a little tired and old fashioned, but at the Paragon the decor is lovley and modern, which is what we like! The sea view from our room was a really selling point, at first I thought I wouldn't be so bothered about having a view but it was lovley to sit in bed with a coffee and look out over the sea!
The rooms all vary in size and ours (7), although very comfy, was one of the smaller ones- not tiny, but a little more space would have made it perfect. Some of the others I saw when checking in on the rest of the party were bigger, and had a table and chairs which we didn't have. This of course does usually happen in this kind of hotel, but it pays to have the advance knowledge if you need a large room! Also, most of the rooms don't have bath tubs, just showers. Again, not really an issue, I do like a bath but we were too busy for long soaks anyway! But again, if this is something you would want, make sure you ask for it specifically!
Breakfast was lovley, cereals, fresh fruit, juices, toast and a hot brekkie on top! Plus lots of coffee and tea delivered to the table, can't fault it.
Last shout out goes to the staff who were so lovley and welcoming, both the owners and also the waiting staff in the breakfast room who put up with our big noisy group! As we were staying for a wedding they really made us feel special. I would love to return to Scarborough again when we have more time to explore, and will definatley choose the Paragon again!
Just one last warning- this is not about the hotel directley! When we came back late at night, we forgot to ask the taxi to drop us round the back of the hotel, as this is where you have to go in when returning late. It's a bit of a trek to get round to the other side, so we decided to step over some wire fencing which was blocking a much quicker route, and had been pressed down on one side where other people had obviously done the same. Don't do this! I cut my leg on the fencing which not only hurt and bled all over my dress, but also was worrying as it was rusty metal. This is nothing to do with the hotel, just our stupidity! So don't try it yourself if you get dropped round the wrong side, take the long way round!

Room Tip: Ask for room 8 which has a lovley bay window
1  Thank enielle