“top hotel”
Review of Raincliffe Hotel

Raincliffe Hotel
Ranked #18 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 8, 2012

just had a weekend at the Raincliffe in Scarborough will recommend it it any and all my friends.Katherine and Mal are Very friendly , the rooms are spotless bed comfy and the breakfast was amazing I did not need lunch for the two day if it gets any better even at double the price I have not found it the only down side was having to come home

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shaun C

Reviewed October 2, 2012

second time in two months stayed here lovely clean rooms with all you need for a great stay food what can i say really good breakfast fresh fruit yougurts cereals fruit salad cooked breafast bacon sausauges fried bread egg beans mush toms black pudding toast jams to follow if you can manage we was full after the breakfast stayed for meal on a night same again really large plate full cooked by mal found this b and b by chance when a camping weekend went wrong great mal and katherine great people we will be staying again in the future

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

we needed a weekend break away,to come to terms a little from loosing our 14 day old grandaughter.we picked this off late rooms ,but book with hotel direct .better deal! any way we stayed sat,night 22nd sept ,up for breakfast,never had such a good cooked breakfast.quality of food was the best ,and you don,t want anything to eat for rest of day.well done to malc and kathleen,.very clean room and comfey bed

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Enjoyed our family weekend with Mal and Katherine.The concert on the Saturday night was really good Our rooms were excellent and the breakfast was too.I am not sure about taking children there again would be afraid of them sitting on the beds which Mal didnt like thelm doing.

Room Tip: Room on ground floor brilliant for disabled
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sonia H
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I always try to give an honest review to anywhere I visit or stay, as the reviews should be there to help others make informed choices. The Raincliffe has to be one the very best I have establishments I have stayed at.

There’s an old saying “if you going to do a job, do it properly” and this is exactly what Malcolm & Kathryn do. They get it right and get it right every time, you cannot fault the Raincliffe, it does exactly what it says on the tin. Long may it Rain.....
......
If you visit Scarborough, then look no further for a good honest, clean, decent hotel, well worthy of all there awards and accolades, then you just have to stay at the Raincliffe……All I can say, is read the reviews, take on board the comments, but try it out for yourself, you won’t be disappointed, honestly you won’t.

One beauty is the location, 10 minutes walk to the sea and the town, cheap parking, excellent location you cant fault the hotel. 22nd September 2012.

Room Tip: All the rooms in this hotel are well appointed, good facilities, well decorated, and spotless, so it...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2012

only 10 mins walk to railway station and about 10/15 mins to the sea front .arrived on tuesday just after 2.00 which is when check in time starts.
The welcoming from mal was top couldnt falt it, when filling out the check in card
he asked me what i wanted for breakfast.
made my own way up to my room and couldnt falt the room was clean and annoth room for
myself . bed was great as i sleept fine
breakfast was the bril
left on the thursday and checkout was faltles
you cant expect anything else from winers of channel 4's 3 in a bed
annother thing worth looking at is go into the guest lounge and theres loads old tin boxs from sweets and biscuts
look foword to going back in the near future

Room Tip: room 5 is the room i was in and if your on your own this is great for you
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 19, 2012

In September 2011 I visited Scarborough for the first time and had the great good fortune to choose the Raincliffe Hotel by sheer chance. My one regret was that I had only booked for a week .

This year, so impressed had I been the first time, I resolved to spend my entire summer vacation of four weeks at the Raincliffe. Just a short walk to the sea front, the town centre, the station and many of the places of interest that Scarborough has to offer, it is ideal for those of us who prefer to leave the car at home when holidaying.

Arriving the first weekend in August I was so warmly greeted by Katherine and Mal I felt immediately “at home”. My room, as usual, was impeccably clean, as was the en suite, and the bed extremely comfortable.

I doubt that the truly excellent English breakfasts and evening meals, for which the Raincliffe is renowned, could be found anywhere else in Scarborough or even in North Yorkshire.

Evenings spent in the guests’ lounge in congenial company, together with Mal & Katherine, who kept us all laughing fit to burst, were the perfect way to end a day spent enjoying all that Scarborough and the surrounding area has to offer any holiday maker, whether holidaying alone or in a family group.

I look forward to returning to the Raincliffe at the earliest opportunity.

Room Tip: Telephone ahead to discuss type of room(s) most suitable for your needs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo