“fantastic stay”

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“fantastic stay”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I arrived here wet and tired after a long days cycle and always a little bit worried because I am never sure if hotels like a single, and one at that who had obviously been out in the wild winter weather, however they could not have been more accommodating towards me and made every minute of my stay a pleasure. Everyone was kind and helpful, the room was spotless and very comfortable, dinner was excellent as was the breakfast. If you want a very nice hotel in Scarborough with excellent customer care then I would highly recommend this place to you. My stay was towards the end of a two week journey through Europe on bicycle. I had stayed at over a dozen hotels throughout Europe and this hotel made me proud to be home and to see that we really do know that we can do the job well. So well done everyone at Park Manor.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I'm exhausted just reading about your long journey !

But I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all that is Park Manor.
Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We are regulars at this hotel two or three times a year, it's a long way for us to travel but it is well worth the trek. The food is excellent along with the staff, nothing is to much trouble. We have taken our grandchildren several times and they love the pool and games room. They would rather go to Manor Park than go abroad with their parents.

Room Tip: We have used several of the rooms over time and all have been as good as the one before. We had a ro...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue L
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review us . I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and you found our staff very attentive. We do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Bridlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Today we have been to the Park Manor for Sunday Lunch, on the recomendation of a friend
I give it a very good rating but I have one or two reservations that stopped it from being excellent.
On arrival the hotel looked very inviting, we went into the very comfortable bar/lounge for a pre meal drink, this was where our meal order was also taken.
Once the meal order was taken, within minutes we were invited to take our place at the allocated table, this was probably when we got the feeling of being rushed, the table was superb, cutlery correctly placed, white table cloths and white linen napkins.
My starter was potted salmon and crab, maybe spoiled a little by the over saucing with some brown sticky concoction over the salad, I am a carefull eater but that brown stuff was all over my napkin and even some on the table cloth.
Our next course was delivered at such speed, we wondered if the waiting staff had roller skates, this was Yorkshire Pudding with onion gravy, the lady who took the order even asked if we liked cooked onion in our gravy, yet no hint of any onion in the gravy, still very nice though.
The rush continued, I was still chewing my last forkfull of Yorkshire when the plates were whisked away and our main courses delivered, mine was a very generous portion of serloin beef, accompanied by a good portion of vegetables, why did they have to spoil it by dishing up frozen peas, there are plenty of winter fresh vegetables around at the moment.
The waiters were ready to pounce once the last food had reached our mouths, we were invited to go to the sweet table to make our choice, we even did our own bit of slowing down at this point as I like to have finished my wine before eating sweet stuff, so we lingered a little.
The sweet table was amazing, I would think about twenty different choices.
On putting our spoons down, we were immediatley asked if we would like to take coffee in the lounge, we said yes, but within minutes we were being told our coofee was ready and please move to the lounge.
What a shame that such a pleasant meal in mighty nice surrounings had to be rushed so, from entering the dining room to moving into the lounge took just forty minutes for a four course meal and a bottle of wine between two of us.
We will probably go again but next time I will slow proceedings down

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
My sincere apologies that you did not fully enjoy your Sunday lunch with us.
We feel that our service is very professional, but you say too fast. We shall endeavour to slow down, but keep to our high standards.
Thank you for your comprehensive review and your otherwise complimentary observations.
Thirsk, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2013

What an amazing experience, a lovely clean & fresh hotel with outstanding staff, nothing was too much trouble and they were absolutely amazing with children. It is my second stay at Park Manor Hotel I enjoyed it so much the first time I had to go again, and it was even better this time. I would recommend a stay here to anyone, although there are steps there is alternative access for disabled users. I was so impressed with the staff whilst all the crazy & zany Fawlty Towers act was on they managed to serve up a five course meal to a full dining room & join in the fun, good menu, delicious food, hot food served hot and when my grandson asked for jelly he was informed no jelly, but there is ice cream one very happy grandson aged 4. Wonderful break with professional and friendly attention from amazing staff.

Room Tip: The end rooms around the corner from the lift seem to be larger.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 62who_me
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
What a delight to read of your appreciation of the staff at Park Manor and our facilities.
Thank you.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Having just had the Fawlty Tower Evening Evening Meal at the Park Manor Hotel. I cannot recommend this hotel more highly. My partner and I decided to treat ourselves to The Marsden Suite, very swish and modern with the most comfortable bed I've slept on in a hotel. Ladies if you like your own washbasin this is the hotel for you - two wash basins! The staff were warm and friendly whilst being completely professional. The Fawlty Towers Evening is a fun evening not to be missed. All the great characters were portrayed. Won't give away too much you will have to try it for yourselves. The evening meal was excellent, 5 courses all beautifully cooked and hot. The wait on staff were the most professional we've met in a hotel for a long time. Serving and collecting from the correct side, something we've known the best hotels forget. The decorations for Xmas were lovely and gave the hotel a very festive atmosphere. If we are in Scarborough we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: The Marsden Suite was on the front of the hotel and we could even see the sea from everyone of the t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UKW0rldTraveller
Thank you so much for all your lovely praise of Park Manor and for taking the time to post a review.
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

From the moment my wife and I arrived the staff were really friendly. Alison in the reception upgraded us to a larger room on the front of the hotel just for being talkative and nice. The room was fantastic, extremely clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in whilst away from home. After checking in we made use of the spa facilities. They were spotlessly clean and the water was warm. The hotel does a four course evening meal which sounded splendid for only £23 pounds per person but neither of us was hungry enough so Alison on reception recommended a nice pub style restaurant within less than 5 minutes walking distance of the hotel which did home cooked food for as little as £6 a meal. We both slept really well. The hotel is away from the hustle and bustle of the town and is set back from the road so there was no outside noise and everywhere is well carpeted so there was no noise from other guests coming and going. We made use of the spa facilities again before breakfast. Breakfast was amazing. There was a large selection of fruits, cereals and fruit juice. The full English was cooked to order and used quality ingredients. The staff were attentive and provided extra coffee and toast if required. Again at checking out Alison was really friendly helping us with directions to where we wanted to go. She is an absolute credit to the hotels owners . We will definitely stay here again if we are in this part of the country again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ady S
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your business and for taking the time to post your review.
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on Friday till Sunday 25-27th October 2013. We decided to have a last minute break and chose this hotel whilst travelling on the train. We were a little dubious at first not knowing if we had made the right choice but as soon as we arrived our doubts were put to rest. Our room had a sea view, and was in a quiet area. The staff could not do more to help and make our stay memorable. The food was lovely , and also the pool and spa facilities were welcomed. We are intending going again in a day or so. Well recommend it. Also a lovely added touch was the owner who came round and introduced herself to all the residents and wished us a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jackie N
It is always a pleasure to read such a positive review, thank you .