1,107 results
All reviews jacuzzi and steam room games room peasholm park swimming pool lovely hotel north bay front facing the open air theatre evening meal single room leisure facilities quiet area small room short break pleasant stay dining room stayed for one night
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My partner and I stayed for one night in June after watching the motorcycle racing at Oliver's Mount in Scarborough. I totally agree with the positive comments from other reviewers! We would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. Upon arrival we were offered another larger room at the front of the hotel if we wished - so it shows that the management have taken on board the comments regarding small rooms. As we were only staying one night the room size was insignificant. What was more important was that the room and ensuite were immaculate! Excellent standard of cleanliness! The hotel is situated in a pleasant part of town overlooking a park, so is quiet. Very good sized car park too. The breakfast was very good; cannot comment on the spa as we didn't try it. The decor is quite individual with a modern feel to it. Very relaxing bar area too. The menu for the restaurant looked very inviting - but we wanted a curry and we were directed to the Scarborough Tandoori which was delicious.
The overwhelming aspect which made our stay so good was that we experienced REAL customer service! The staff appeared to enjoy their work and went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. We met Alison, Kelly and Geoff and they were professional as well as caring. All in all they made our improptu stay in Scarborough very special. The Thank you card we received from them a few days later was a nice touch too! We shall be back!!

Room tip: Front rooms are larger.
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Treehouse08
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review, I am so pleased that the team at Park Manor took such good care of you.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend, having booked through an internet agency. The hotel is situated in a pleasant area of Scarborough and the stand-out aspect for us was the very welcoming, friendly and helpful staff. But we also liked the general cleanliness, the lounge areas and the breakfasts. We didn't use the spa facilities or the games room (table tennis, bar football, pool), but these also would be attractive to some. We didn't have an evening meal in the hotel since you needed to be seated by 7 pm which we thought was too early. However we accepted an offer of alternative recommendations according to our eating preferences and were given pub/restaurants in the locality, which turned out to be very good. Our (standard) room itself was small, and we did not like the washbasin being in the main room rather than in the shower/toilet area. They do have larger rooms, and we were told that had we booked directly with the hotel we might have been able to get a larger room at the front. However these were all booked when we arrived.

Room tip: Ask for one of the larger rooms.
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Your comments are all duly noted.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was in Scarborough on business and booked through Laterooms. I didn't expect too much having paid £49.50 including breakfast. I was surprised at how nice the hotel looked from the outside. I booked a single room but had a double very comfortable bed. The room was really small but clean. I also got a sea view which wasn't expected. All going well. As a lone traveller I stayed in my room to watch TV. The only channel that worked was BBC1. The fact that the hotel boasted spa facilities was a pull for me. I have worked in the Spa industry for 20 years and I have never been so disappointed in a hotel's facilities. The changing room ladies floor was thick with human hair, hairs got trapped in your fingers when you swam in the pool, the décor was very oppressive, dated and the pool tiles were filthy. Breakfast was a total cock up - courses coming in the wrong order and a re-heated dried up breakfast going back and forth. I did email the hotel with my feedback of which they followed up. I'm sorry to say I wouldn't return to the Park Manor. It's horses for courses here. Many people enjoy their stay - I just didn't.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank RickersNorthYorks
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occupied and the spa facilities. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future. Again, we are terribly sorry that your first experience at Park Manor was not a good one.. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We, the east Suffolk NationalTrust Association, visited the hotel twice in 2011.

Although we have visited other hotels twice in the same year we have never before returned to a previous location. However, The quality of the Park Manor hotel inspired us to return again in May of 2013 and we were delighted to find that the previous high standards and friendly helpful staff still prevailed. We took the opportunity to visit York, Whitby and Nunnington during our stay and were delighted with it all.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Jim S
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Many thanks for your review, maybe we could persuade you to break your routine and visit us for a third time!!
We would love to see you again.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

A lovely hotel, set in nice surroundings. Excellent food with choice of menu at each evening meal. Extremely friendly staff who are polite and very helpful. Good 'extra' facilities eg swimming pool, games room and comfortable lounge with bar.
Only negative is that bedrooms are small, but hopefully you have not gone to live in a room, but explore the surrounding area(s). Enjoy
But don't rely on the sat nav to find your destination - it doesn't always find the actual hotel!

Room tip: Book early!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank C R

It is evident that you have enjoyed your time with us, and your kind comments are sincerely valued.