“Very friendly and welcoming staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Manor Hotel

Park Manor Hotel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Very friendly and welcoming staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend, having booked through an internet agency. The hotel is situated in a pleasant area of Scarborough and the stand-out aspect for us was the very welcoming, friendly and helpful staff. But we also liked the general cleanliness, the lounge areas and the breakfasts. We didn't use the spa facilities or the games room (table tennis, bar football, pool), but these also would be attractive to some. We didn't have an evening meal in the hotel since you needed to be seated by 7 pm which we thought was too early. However we accepted an offer of alternative recommendations according to our eating preferences and were given pub/restaurants in the locality, which turned out to be very good. Our (standard) room itself was small, and we did not like the washbasin being in the main room rather than in the shower/toilet area. They do have larger rooms, and we were told that had we booked directly with the hotel we might have been able to get a larger room at the front. However these were all booked when we arrived.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Your comments are all duly noted.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
North Yorks
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was in Scarborough on business and booked through Laterooms. I didn't expect too much having paid £49.50 including breakfast. I was surprised at how nice the hotel looked from the outside. I booked a single room but had a double very comfortable bed. The room was really small but clean. I also got a sea view which wasn't expected. All going well. As a lone traveller I stayed in my room to watch TV. The only channel that worked was BBC1. The fact that the hotel boasted spa facilities was a pull for me. I have worked in the Spa industry for 20 years and I have never been so disappointed in a hotel's facilities. The changing room ladies floor was thick with human hair, hairs got trapped in your fingers when you swam in the pool, the décor was very oppressive, dated and the pool tiles were filthy. Breakfast was a total cock up - courses coming in the wrong order and a re-heated dried up breakfast going back and forth. I did email the hotel with my feedback of which they followed up. I'm sorry to say I wouldn't return to the Park Manor. It's horses for courses here. Many people enjoy their stay - I just didn't.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RickersNorthYorks
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occupied and the spa facilities. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future. Again, we are terribly sorry that your first experience at Park Manor was not a good one.. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.
Ipswich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We, the east Suffolk NationalTrust Association, visited the hotel twice in 2011.

Although we have visited other hotels twice in the same year we have never before returned to a previous location. However, The quality of the Park Manor hotel inspired us to return again in May of 2013 and we were delighted to find that the previous high standards and friendly helpful staff still prevailed. We took the opportunity to visit York, Whitby and Nunnington during our stay and were delighted with it all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jim S
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Many thanks for your review, maybe we could persuade you to break your routine and visit us for a third time!!
We would love to see you again.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

A lovely hotel, set in nice surroundings. Excellent food with choice of menu at each evening meal. Extremely friendly staff who are polite and very helpful. Good 'extra' facilities eg swimming pool, games room and comfortable lounge with bar.
Only negative is that bedrooms are small, but hopefully you have not gone to live in a room, but explore the surrounding area(s). Enjoy
But don't rely on the sat nav to find your destination - it doesn't always find the actual hotel!

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank C R
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
It is evident that you have enjoyed your time with us, and your kind comments are sincerely valued.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I would just like to say thank you so much for my enjoyable stay at park manor hotel, I stayed on a B and B basis and could not fault the food, a good variety and all food was lovely and hot, the room was bright and modern and spotlessly clean, the bathroom was a good size and again immaculate! The staff are also very friendly and made me feel very welcome! I would not hesitate to return to the park manor hotel and will recommend to family and friends!

Room Tip: Front rooms are lovely
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Good hotel very good food and staff were very good. Downside is the size of twin rooms,very tight and had to keep clothes in suitcase. Asked for a larger room and prepared to pay extra and told none were available. We found out this was not true and family rooms were available,why did they say they had none?? That said, I would go again, more pros than cons

Room Tip: Overlooking sea and park
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Brian H
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your review of Park Manor, I am delighted that there was more good than bad.

As to a larger room I'm not sure how you would know there was other rooms available without knowing the booking system and future arrivals.But saying that i must apologize you found your room too small,(we feel they are perfectly sized for short stop overs) we have a variety of rooms so please ask when booking.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed at the Park Manor as I have on 3 previous ocassions and have nothing but praise for all the staff always friendly and willing to help you wont be disappointed with your stay here centrally located and near to the beach , special praise to Allison and Eddie

• Stayed May 2013
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Alison and Eddie the General and assistant manager respectfully get plenty of praise and they truly deserve the accolade, as do all our staff.
I am so pleased that you will be returning again to enjoy our genuine hospitality.
Thank you.