Ambassador Hotel
$199
Palm Court Hotel(Scarborough)
$152
$133
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
$199
$156
  • Breakfast included
Red Lea Hotel(Scarborough)
$88
Hackness Grange Country House Hotel(Hackness)(Great Value!)
$110
Priceline
Weston Hotel(Scarborough)
$122
1,321 results
All reviewspool and saunaspa facilitieslovely hotelbay windowself servicethe cliffone night staybuffet styleplenty of choicestreet parkingmy muma lovely stayfull englishtown centretea and coffeecooked breakfastsea front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have just spent almost £170 having a one night break, £119 for the B & B, almost £40 for a meal each and over £10 on 2 pints and a Martini.
The room was supposed to be an above average, it was far below that with a TV, Cathode type and a digital box, the bathroom was dirty with rust fittings. The water pipes started banging loudly at around23:00 and this lasted for over 2 hours and would only stop with the tap running. There was no answer to the telephone when I dialled reception at the time. The food at the breakfast was reasonable but as we had come from another hotel was nowhere near as good a choice.
The hotel's main interest was in the 2 coach parties stating at the time. AS IS THE CASE WITH MANY SCARBOROUGH HOTELS.
I mentioned the TV problem with a member of staff and was told, " I will tell the owners" . The Buck passed here with no comeback! Most of the staff we saw were friendy and efficient and helpful, but they are not the owners.
I feel ripped off and very disappointed. The hotel was booked on our travels meaning that I couldn't research it.

I am now considering further action and certainly will never stay at the Ambassador Spa again.

Room Tip: See the room or go on a coach trip.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank patrick2012_12
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Having never been to Scarborough, my husband and I went on the hotel website (rookie mistake) and booked the Ambassador Hotel for one night for our 5th wedding anniversary.

What we got was room 18, which you reach by walking through the restaurant, through a fire door, and then down a dim corridor to the back of the hotel. When entering the room the first thing we noticed was the beautiful view out onto the bins at the back of the hotel (room was on the ground floor). The bathroom was badly painted, not clean and the floor was old, bad quality lino. In fact, we were so put off by the bathroom that we didn't even use the shower, and use the one in the spa instead. The wi-fi didn't work; the tv picture was green, and it took them two requests and over an hour to replace it; the 'double' bed was two single beds pushed together (which apparently is common practice at the hotel, so that they can convert from twin to double as needed), and the cupboard doors were badly fitted. All in all, very disappointing for over £100 per night!

The breakfast was ok, nothing special, and while the pool was a nice temperature it was tiny. The spa area, on the other hand, seemed to be where the most time and money had been invested and we had a very nice massage. I would recommend staying somewhere else and maybe coming here for a massage.

In the end we managed to get a £30 discount on the room, after complaining. Would not stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that are not on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend. In room 18 which was kinda out the back of the hotel - room dark, and window looked out on to bins. Also room next to store cupboard. Between the bins and people banging at store cupboard it wasn't a peaceful room. Room otherwise clean and comfortable.

Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful from the breakfast staff to the bar, spa and reception staff.

I used the spa pool and sauna. Showers in the spa could have be cleaned to a slightly higher standard but in general clean.

Breakfast was ok - it was fine if you wanted a fry up but could have done with more choice otherwise e.g breads/pastries etc.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank KatPieTraveller
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed here with my partner 23/24 May for 2 nights as a wedding guest.
We paid extra for a sea view room only to discover that most rooms have some sort of sea view anyway. We went into other guests rooms as we were part of a large party, and others who had not paid extra had better views! Only one pane of glass from our bay window over looked the sea so you had to stand right in the window to see the sea. This is disappointing. The view of the bay from outside though, is fantastic, the location is really good.

There were dirty marks on the walls which could easily have been cleaned off, but they werent.
The bathroom was tired and needed a refurb and you have to pay to rent out bathrobes and slippers, which are very small. I really hate those white shower curtains over baths and they had them here.

The pool is at ground level with windows so that people on the street can see straight in. This put me off the the point that I didnt use the facility.

I slept well both nights so I cant complain about the bed at all. Also I have quite bad allergies to dust but wasnt affected during my stay, which satisfies me that the hotel was clean.

The staff in the bar are pretty slow to serve and the bar prices are quite heavily inflated.

The breakfast is fairly good, with a selection of hot food, pastries and cereals with fruit and yoghurt.

I would stay here again but only if I was getting as really good deal on price - this place does come up on Groupon a lot so I would consider staying via that method rather than paying the regular price, as I feel its too high for what you get.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank deville1984
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We booked in for one night over May Bank Holiday weekend. On booking I explained we were on a budget, but would still like a nice room, as we were celebrating our 1st Wedding anniversary. Was told all rooms are very nice & modern, but the room would have an in land view. When we arrived the room had no view what so ever! It had a window with frosted glass, when we opened the window, there was a very loud generator noise. The bedroom was so hot you would have had to have the window open, in order to sleep. The bathroom was horrible & the bed slanted down at one side. We asked for a different room, but they were fully booked. We asked for a full refund which we got without any trouble. Our advice go to the Crown Spa, have never had a bad room there & the staff are so helpful. We headed straight there & were very happy with the room & service we got.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple