“Not what we expected at all”
Review of Ambassador Hotel

Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Not what we expected at all”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The room was much smaller than any picture on the web, the so called "view" was level with the floor of the zen garden, meaning anyone sat in it could look in on us.
The bed was appallingly uncomfortable and creaked every time one of us moved, luckily we only stayed 1 night.
The bathroom was ok, a bit grubby, but the towels provided clearly hadn't been washed/cleaned, one of which had a questionable cream stain on it.

Room Tip: The North Bay hotels look much nicer and newer.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank R C
AmbassadorOpsManager, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor, I am sorry that your stay fell below your expectations. I would like to assure you that all of our towels are professionally laundered. I am concerned that despite your dissatisfaction that no complaint was raised during the stay which would have allowed us to correct any problems; unfortunately this leaves me questioning the validity of the review. If you would like to contact me to discuss the content of your review and allow us the opportunity to resolve your complaint it would be most welcome.
Thank you once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
manchester
Reviewed June 16, 2013

went for a lastminute 3 night stay at this hotel in june. stayed in the new style executive room 212. room was clean and quite nicely decorated. it had a seperate section with a tv and sofa which was quite nice. however it was let down by the following: it was a double that v had booked and the bedding was for a double however it was really two singles v.badly pushed together..so there was a large craxk in the middle:-( . tje bathroom though clean was v.dated and the shower was a trickle at all times. the tvs in the rooms were diddy 17". and the one in the bedroom not on the wall so took up mch needed surface space. i dont know if it was just because v had a small baby with us but i felt there just wasnt enough storage space. and a small table near the sofa wud hav been great. breakfast is 8-10. v got there at 9:30 and most things in the buffet finishd. staff were v.helpful and broght what you requested but you ended up feeling like a pain...in particular i was upset at being served raw croissants two days in a row...when i complained the second day the waitress brought me two others out and told me they were from the same batch and most probably raw..left them on the table and disappeared. location wise it was well situAted with the south beach a 5minute walk away.

Room Tip: view from my room (212) was a brick wakl but look down and you saw the rooftop garden
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AmbassadorOpsManager, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Ambassador Spa Hotel. I am sorry that some aspects of your stay fell below the expected standards. Thank you for your kind remarks about the room you occupied, I am sorry that the beds were not correctly prepared for your arrival and trust that this was resolved for you. I am sorry that the pressure in the shower was inadequate and I will report this to our maintenance team for attention. All of the furnishings in our rooms are made to measure and we hope that we have given good attention to the required storage so I am sorry that you felt that there was insufficient space available. Thank you for the suggestion regarding a table by the sofa which we will look into. I am sorry that the breakfast buffet was depleted upon your arrival at the Restaurant, we do aim to keep the buffet well stocked at all times however when the hotel is busy some items do occasionally take longer to replenish. I am pleased that you were provided with everything that you wanted but sorry that you had to ask for items. I would like to assure you that our croissants are freshly baked and so do retain some moistness; we would never serve an under baked croissant and I am sorry that these did not meet your expectations.
Thank you once again fro placing your review.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2013

stayed with a friend from monday 10th to friday 14 june 2013. Paid over £120 for bed and breakfast.Room was "standard" more like sub standard We asked for twin bedded room, got twin beds ok but room was that small beds were pushed up together and not much room either side of bed.View from window was overlooking scruffy back yards. Extraction fan in bathroom would not work, hot water tap couldnt be turned off properly, told staff but nothing was done to repair said items. Also the shower was over the bath with no grab rails, we dare not get a shower for fear of slipping. There was a noisy ventilation fan outside the window which made sleep difficult, this was on for most of the night.The lounge wasnt very big and with two coach loads staying the week we could never find a comfortable seat. We were in rome 102. Take note, if you stay there DO NOT HAVE THIS ROOM!

Room Tip: Refuse room 102
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 749james_m749
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I would like to apologise that your feedback regarding the accommodation was poorly handled during your stay and reassure you that we usually deal with any reported maintenance problems as soon as possible. I am sorry that the bar was too busy to find a seat during your stay. In addition to the main bar lounge we have a relaxation room with additional seating.
Thank you once again.

Travelers are raving about these Scarborough hotels

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

just wanted to take a few minutes to give some feedback.
We stayed for one night on Saturday the 8th of June.
We had a lovely stay. The team were consistently friendly from start to
finish. Reception gave a warm welcome and provided all the information
we needed for our stay. We were served promptly by the bar team at all
times.
The breakfast team were also friendly and efficient, especially a
female who was French speaking I think, who was particularly smiley and
welcoming.
The room (305) was comfortable and well equipped with a nice side sea
view of the bay. We slept very well, although the room was quite warm,
we opened the window, which was fine. Possibly a cool air fan would be
helpful in the warmer months.
The bathroom extractor fan was also quite noisy but went off quite
quickly once turned off.
So all in all a great stay and we would certainly consider the hotel
again should we visit Scarborough again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Selondonlad
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is the 2nd time I've stayed at The Ambassador and again I haven't been disappointed! I booked the hotel for me and 5 friends, we stayed in rooms 210 which has an AMAZING sea view and room 212.

We stayed on dinner bed and breakfast and enjoyed a beautiful 3 course meal and afterwards we had booked in for the cocktail master class with Ricky who was absoultely brilliant and kept us all entertained all night, Ricky even took pictures all night for us which was hilarious!

After our night out we woke up on Sunday to a brilliant breakfast then all 6 of us were booked in for treatments, all of us had back massages, facials and manicures and all us said they were the best massages we've ever had! Harriet and Emma were amazing and very very good!

Even though check out was 10:30am the hotel was generous enough to let us check out at 2pm which was great!

I can't fault the staff, nothing is too much and they wet very helpful throughout, my personal favourite part of the hotel is the relaxation room which has lovely beds with blankets and cushions, really cosy and relaxing!

Thanks to Cori, Kerry, Ricky, Harriet and Emma!

All in all we had an amazing time and I can't wait to go back again and get lots and lots of treatments!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank WakefieldBex
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Having late notice of needing a hotel during an extended work project I selected Ambassadors from Laterooms.com on the recommendation of local colleagues. I was very pleasantly surprised to be up graded to a double room, and delighted to have help carrying my bags up stairs.

There were elements of 'tiredness' in some of the presentation, but all was clean, and the views over the bay lovely. Like other reviewers I was particularly struck by the friendly, helpful staff, and enjoyed both my evening meal and breakfast. I definitely recommend, although as more of a business traveller I did wish last dinner orders could have been half hour later and breakfast start half hour earlier. I will aim to use the spa next time - it looked small but beautifully formed! Lovely toiletries in the room much appreciated.

Room Tip: I guess front bedrooms overlooking the bay would be most popular
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Staff were very nice,swimming pool small but o.k.smallest sauna i`ve ever been in.Room was very nice 1 double +twin beds spacious room,nice wardrobe drawers.Window small & high up but bathroom 2 big windows so a very good view when on the loo!!Small tv but adequate.Restaurant for breakfast staff very good all help yourself,plenty of everything.We didn`t eat or use the bar as we were meeting family who were camping near by.Had a look at the ZEN garden would be nice if the weather was o.k.All in all it was a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was as described room 310.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple