“Little gem”

Ranked #4 of 427 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Az is an intimate family run restaurant,with home made fresh meditteranian Turkish cuisine ,using family recipes passed down from generations of the Mehmet - Hassan family.We pride ourselves on good food and good service,and try and give good value for money.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Did not book a table but went in on Friday night and managed to get the last available table. It was early 6.30 pm. Haven’t eaten much Turkish food, but really enjoyed the meal, the service was quick and prompt. Would go again and ensure we booked I advance.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (930)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Heard so much about this restaurant I had to go! Didn’t disappoint either the food was absolutely amazing staff were so nice and happy. Had a 3 course meal and every single meal was unbelievable! 100% go again! Chef deserves a pay rise!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a table of 12 booked at az, couldn’t fault any of it. They met all of our dietary requirements with there been a few vegans and some gluten free. The food was amazing! Very good service, felt nice and relaxed throughout the whole duration of our meal. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had dinner here twice and the food was very good on both occasions. The shared meze starter was excellent and many dishes came with chips which were fantastically tasty. I didn't see chips as Turkish cuisine but they went well with our meal anyway. The restaurant has a cosy atmosphere, helped by having a vestibule entrance which eliminates chilly draughts. Service was prompt and friendly and the restaurant is good value for money.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am lucky enough to have moved in so close to this restaurant I could roll home. I have lived in Scarborough for 21 years and in the last two weeks I have visited Az twice. I have enjoyed the best two meals I have had in Scarborough since moving to the town.

The atmosphere is lovely and makes you feel like you are on holiday in the med. The staff and owner are friendly, helpful and polite. The food is delicious and the baclava is to die for.