“excellent”
Review of Peasholm Park

Peasholm Park
Ranked #8 of 89 things to do in Scarborough
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Have always enjoyed my visits here. I try to come when the battleships are fighting as this takes me back to when i was a little girl.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,087)
All reviews
in 165 reviews
"lovely place"
in 115 reviews

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent a few hours wandering around this very popular park in the spring sunshine. A really nice park and well kept. Will have to try and get back in the summer when the battles are going on on the lake.

1  Thank Disabledsightseer
Reviewed April 8, 2013

As I live in Scarborough, there's some things you pick up on every time you go somewhere.. But each time I visit Peasholme Park, there's one thing that annoys me is how dirty it is, the benches- steps- ice cream shop- etc. but it's ok, for duck feeding with young children.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was really looking forward to visiting Peasdown and we made a special journey from our holiday home, and on first impressions, we weren't disappointed. A gorgeous park, with a lovely boating lake and putting green. What we didn't realise is that apart from the gardens, there are no free attractions here such as a play park. Once we had walked around the lake, which was a little stressful with twin four year olds(the water is at path height and not fenced off in any way for most of the route), we realised that all the attractions available were for a fee, with a family pedalo on the lake at just over £7. Our local town park, which like Peasdown has beautiful, tranquil gardens, has two play areas including a fabulous adventure park and a splash park which are all free to use and lots of attractions such as a train, gondola swings and trampolines for just £1. I think the locals are being short changed here.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Peasholm Park for me has and always will be a quiet, tranquil and relaxing meander around greenery, water and scenic views. In past times when my children were younger Peasholm Park was an adventure for us all - trying to compete against each other - which swan was the fastest around the lake or which canoe managed to make it around the lake without hitting the bridge or another family on the lake. Lovely memories which we all remember.