“excellent traditional pub”

Ranked #52 of 369 Restaurants in Scarborough
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed at St Michaels guest house on a trip back to this part of the coast after 30 years. We booked the Scarborough Arms because of their Trip Advisor score - well deserved, it turned out! We understand that this pub has recently had new management - well done to them! This place is a gem - with good quality traditional pub food! We enjoyed the evening Sunday dinner - I had the beef and my wife had the roast turkey - both were excellent! The selection of vegetables, very well cooked, were a delight! The gravy, which holds a roast together was tops! The staff team were friendly, chatty and helpful - it made our evening! All washed down with an excellent pint of Theakstons and a very good bottle of house red! This is a traditional pub with a very high standard and is highly recommended!

1  Thank Russ1309

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Glad we found this lovely pub.There was 4 of us called in for something to eat on Saturday night.We had a salmon, a sirlon steak,a rump steak & a bellypork. Good prices.All of us said that our meals were absolutely delicious, well presented & hot.Wish we lived closer we would be regulars. All the staff nice & friendly.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Just had the best sirloin steak for a long time and excellent steak pie. All freshly cooked and very tasty well worth a visit. Sunday lunch very good as well. Nice friendly staff.very good value

1  Thank MarinaYORK246
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Took the family to the Arms for my sons 21st birthday, Fabulous food, Great atmosphere and friendly attentive staff. Hosts Jim & Carol friendly and chatty. The Arms has been refurbished in parts a village pub in town. We will be back throughout the for various do's.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I visited scarborough to see some family. While on this visit they took us to the scarborough arms where I had the best meal I have had in a long time. Not only was the food of excellent quality and presentation, the quality in service matched. The bar/waiting staff were very helpful and polite. The atmosphere of this pub was very friendly and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and their food.
If you are in scarborough I would highly recommend a visit to the scarborough arms. I will certainly be going back on my next visit.