Booked for 3 nights and the hotel had been recommended. We were give an room on 3rd floor with a sea view. The sea view was the only thing good about it. The wall behing the tv was damp and black mold from floor to ceiling, televison had a big crack in frame, carpets very worn and was so cooled in the room we had to put extra clothing on. After one night in this room we had to be moved to another room as water started coming in through the ceiling. This I will admit was a slightly better room being alot bigger and alot warmer. The staff were helpful and willing and the food good but the hotel itself is in need of a LOT of work doing to bring it up to a decent standard. Scarbough is a nice place it was just a shame about the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for its warm Yorkshire welcome, The Clifton Hotel Scarborough offers some of the most amazing, uninterrupted sea views in Scarborough and is situated only a short distance from many of the town's attractions. This Scarborough hotel makes the perfect base for those visiting the Yorkshire Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Clifton Hotel - Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clifton Hotel Scarborough
- Clifton Hotel Scarborough