“Large appetite needed!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We have just visited Scarborough and found Hickory's Roadhouse. It is easy to walk past it as it doesn't look much from outside. From the moment we entered we were made to feel extremely welcome, the staff were wonderful , very friendly and informative!
The choice on the menu is great, something to suit everyone, including vegetarians!
We were a group of four adults, the food that we ordered was delivered promptly and with a huge smile from the waitress. The quality of the food was exceptional! We had the steak and ribs(the meat just fell off the bone and melted in your mouth). The piggy back bird was also amazing.
We were determined to have a pudding too, we were so full we had to ask to wait for a while before ordering, this wasn't a problem.
The desserts were great, but we had to share the waffles between two of us as there was so much.
The price was also good, it cost us less than £20 per person, which included puddings and drinks. This is a place everyone needs to try!!
We will be coming back to sample more of the menu as soon as we can.

There are newer reviews for Hickory's Roadhouse

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Myself, wife and son ate here and I have to say it was probably one of my worst restaurant experiences. There are not that many good places to eat in the resort and this place gets added to the list. My main course of ribs look and tested unappetizing. The bones on the ribs looked like they had been bleached white and they were smothered with a sauce that looked like tar. our fries were soggy, coleslaw crap etc. etc. Big portions but you don't need an extra size of rubbish it just make the whole experience worse. My wifes chicken dish tasted like fish??? and my sons steak was tough and tasteless, looking at the kitchen staff it looked like a room full of students with no culinary experience. NOT GOOD AT ALL

3  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Well what can i say. Apart from 5 star. Staff. Helpful polite chatty. I was in 2 minds to have Sloppy Joes or the Philly cheese steak. I asked if the chilli in the joes was spicy. The waitress brought me a pot of the chilli to try. The food was 5 star. Mamouth portions. Needless to say we'll be back. America in Scarborough

Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family and I visited this restaurant a few months ago and was VERY impressed. so when my husband and I chose to have a weekend away we decided to visit again yesterday for breakfast, our welcome was outstanding, the manager and waitress were extremely friendly and very welcoming. The breakfast was amazing and huge! I couldn't finish the pancakes. We joked that we may go back for our tea.........WE DID!!!!!!! and the 2nd time round was just as good as the 1st or even better. The same 2 girls were still there and still as friendly after been there for 12 hours. The food was awesome and the prices were very good. We would definitely go back to Hickory's highly recommended.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We arrived to find a half empty restuarant which made the place feel a little cold,although the Decor is good, it feels lacking in the detail. It is a nice start but needs to put a lot more colour and interest to get a real USA feel.
We were seated quickly by a very polite and jolly waitress.we orderd our drinks and food, and started to wait..............it took almost half an hour for our "fast food" to arrive.The waitress said sorry but the order before ours was a big one! Well as there was only half a dozen people in the place i did'nt really see the problem, heyho!
Anyway, there was certainly plenty of food on the plate, however the fries were somewhat underdone as were the onion rings.I also had BBQ pulled beef which frankly was so sweet it made your teeth curl! And after the long wait,we really wanted better.

1  Thank Alfie J