“Wouldn't go again”
Review of Hickory's Roadhouse - CLOSED

Hickory's Roadhouse
Cuisines: American, British
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't go again”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Very disappointed. It was very quiet but had a long wait to order and for food. The "crispy" bacon that came with pancakes wasn't - it was only just cooked. Had anyone come to ask if everything was okay ........ The pancakes were tasteless... shame as I was looking forward to it. On a positive note they were generous with a large pot of tea.

• Visited December 2013

“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

A friend & I called in after work, 3:15 pm on a Saturday. We had previously seen a notice in the window, breakfast served all day, 10 pounds 4 2. Seemed good value & we were really looking 4ward 2 it, especially the pancakes!!! We were told the offer had finished & breakfasts finished @ 3pm, however, the chef was obliging & made us 2 breakfasts, minus pancakes!!! My experience of American diners is that u leave hardly able 2 move & with a doggie bag. I left this diner still hungry AND it cost 7.50 each. I've had a FAR better breakfast @ The Conservatory for 2.50. I know u're still becoming established in Scarborough & finding ur feet but this was so not American dining. U weren't busy & the portions were &mean. Anne.

• Visited November 2013
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“Nice, but nothing special.”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I visited this diner after passing the other hickorys on the A64 outside york on the way to Scarborough. After a bit of internet research we discovered there is one in Scarborough and we would save ourselves the hour drive and go here instead.

The diner is themed really well, the furniture is like a classic American diner and the look of the place sets the mood off well. The service was OK but not anything special.

• Visited November 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great place to eat...and eat...and eat”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Nice place and really good staff. Food portions are big so beware how you order if you're into sides!
All food came out freshly cooked and piping hot .The spicey treacle sauce on the table is a must, as is the pulled pork 'big pig' burger.
Drink prices are not too bad. Had a nice time here.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank ann r
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“excellent”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

we went here at teatime on sunday 20th october & from the moment walked through the door to leaving the service was excellent & friendly,the meals were fantastic,highly recommend & we will be going back soon,i went with my partner & my to older children & we all loved it my 16 year old son wants to go back & book to do a challange & with his appetite we defo will be soon...recommend to all

• Visited October 2013