“good service shame about the food!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harry Ramsden's Scarborough - CLOSED

Harry Ramsden's Scarborough
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast Food, British
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“good service shame about the food!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Visited for a late dinner, Friday 30th May 2014. Luke warm food, fish looked as if it had been stood too long waiting to be sent up. Chips looked like the last of the batch - toenail clippings! Come on guys even though it was late surely the QUALITY AND STANDARD should not drop. Not the best fish and chips I have had, plus whoever heard of a fish and chip restaurant running out of mushy peas especially trading under this name. Sadly can only recommend the good waitress service who could not apologise enough for what was not available. Overpriced and poor quality. Would not go again or recommend.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank janice k

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

I visited Harry Ramsdens with my partner yesterday for dinner the service was brilliant very friendly organised staff and really lovely food we both enjoyed it lots will definitely visit again

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RachelJT82
Glasgow
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Went to the upstairs restaurant today with my friend with the hope of a nice fish tea with a view. The window seats were all gone but just before our order arrived one became available. Sadly the manageress refused us a move. She advised that she now refuses all table moves as a former customer threatened to punch her when the wrong order came to her table!!! Seriously, I struggled to get my head at round that one.

Then the food. Cod was wonderful. Tasty and enjoyable, however the chips and the mushy peas were cold.

We were given s 20% discount when we advised that the food was disappointing & nobody asked us if everything was ok?

I wouldn't go back here as there is a clear lack of flexibility and food not as good for the costs, would have been better with take away chippy

2 Thank HandCo
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Long wait for little reward”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

I visited the upstairs restaurant of Harry Ramsden's in Scarborough. I was asked to be seated by the only waitress who was very polite. I waited over 10 minutes to place my order - I had wanted a Homity Pie but this was no longer offered so I chose the Greek Salad instead. Some 20 minutes later the waitress came back to my table to tell me they had no Feta cheese! This left the only vegetarian option being lasagne which was below standard pub grub but at £8.75 was not a pub price. Overpriced, understaffed and kitchen staff who take 20 minutes to find they are out of cheese - hopeless.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dave S
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“No vegetarian food available that was on the menu”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and child love fish and my husband had always wanted to try a Harry Ramsden's. Their fish was a good size and they enjoyed it but the chips were terribly overcooked.

I had a side salad and some of the terrible chips... They could offer a vegetarian lasagne and something else I didn't fancy (had wanted the Greek salad or the homity pie).

Lovely view from the restaurant though is the only positive thing I experienced.

Can only imagine that we were unlucky to visit when we did as I think this chain is popular.

Visited May 2014