“I would rate this six stars if I could do” 5 of 5 bubbles

Scarborough Indoor Karting Ltd
Scarborough, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“I would rate this six stars if I could do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I visited here yesterday for the first time as I was with the family.

15 minute safety video with question and answer session following with a very likeable and enthusiastic member of staff. Bottom line "don't drive beyond your abilities".

As someone has already pointed out, there is a strong emphasis on safety. You have a racing suit to put on, crash helmet and gloves.

Session itself was just incredible, took a few laps to get your eye in and the 2 marshals were absolutely first class. It is not often you come away from somewhere but before leaving wanting to tell the staff "you have got this right" - but at Scarborough Indoor Karting, they certainly have got it right.

Price was not extortionate £14 for 20 laps I think is very fair indeed. There were 5 of us and we all left with big smiles.

The karts were pretty fast and the course was very tight the kart can really throw you around and you do feel it the next day if you drive hard.

Definitely will be going back, it is a rare find to discover somewhere that prides itself on both safety and enjoyment and NOT an outfit that just wants to take your money and not care and there are a lot of those about.

I hope one of the race officials get's his voice back soon ;)

Best wishes,
Steve (Hackness, Scarborough)

Visited August 2013
3 Thank bigglad

Northern Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We were on holiday in the area and took our 14 year old son and his friend here for a 30 minute session. We found it to be good value and well run. Neither boys were very confident but the guy who was trackside was really encouraging and took time to give them tips, also very safety conscious. The lady at reception was very friendly and made sure they had their session to themselves. We would definitely highly recommend this place!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank KBM7
yorkshire
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I have just literally left this place its great. Friendly staff very helpful. Great value for money the track is a decent size all the safety gear you have to wear is clean and there's a variety of sizes. The karts felt and looked safer and sturdier than some thay i have been on in the past. I will be visiting again we loved it.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank sunshinebear
York, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good fun for all levels of ability”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I went with 4 teenage lads and 2 mates on a Wednesday night. We thought it was very well organised and the staff were friendly and helpful. The track isn't the biggest but well laid out. They were quick on the blue flags but other than that were unofficious but attentive.
We had a great time and our 60 laps were good value for money (£14 on groupon!)
It was an hours drive for us but I will visit again.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank phil c
North Yorkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I visited this place on the bank holiday weekend, we didn't book (we should of as it was busy) but the staff went out of their way to allow us on the track meaning we didn't have a wasted trip. We found all staff helpful and made sure we understood the flags, karts and circuit. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to go again. Would recommend, it's great fun!!

Visited May 2013