“Fabulous!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Totally gutted that Nomad is closing . What a loss to Scarborough . As good as Scarborough fish and chips are, some of us want something different, and that is exactly what you got at Nomad.
Always delicious and perfectly presented . Jillanne and Owen were perfect hosts and wish them the best of luck in all they do in the future .

There are newer reviews for Nomad Cafe

Reviewed June 6, 2014

The consistency of Nomad's meals is the thing that endears me and countless others to the place. Today we had a stunning veggie sushi dish, crammed with flavour and perhaps more ingredients than any dish before (at least 20). It was on the menu as a "Japanese mixed plate" - veggie sushi, teriyaki tofu with two salads: sea-veg (seaweed) and a combination of mango, aubergine and soba noodles, with tiny but dangerous dabs of wasabi here and there. The gamble of mingling such disparate flavours paid off big time as far as we were concerned and I will be requesting this dish in the coming weeks. I wish I'd been in earlier in the week so I could have come back before it was taken off the weekly specials menu. At £6.75, I feel this is incredible value for what you get. And the peanut and chic dessert was divine too. I had to bring a portion home for wee Mackay to make amends for accidentally dousing her with water and sending her home prematurely.

2  Thank DaveBarry
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We tried Nomad after reading reviews on this site. It seems very low-key when you go in, but the food is delicious, freshly-prepared and created with a bit of flair. Everyone seems to serve fish and chips in Scarborough and this wholesome cafe is a complete change. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Any bad reviewers must have been to a different place!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Fabulous friendly service and amazing food. Even sporting a range of gluten free/dairy free cake :) Yum.

1  Thank Allotmenteer7
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Wow. What a hidden gem. My wife and I eat out 2 to 3 times a week and this has become a weekly favourite of ours. The specials menu board is what attracts us. Why? It changes weekly, freshly cooked and the creativity and passion that goes into giving you that something a little bit more is something I would highly recommend.
Alongside this menu is served what can be described as your regular classics such as Panninis , jackets, sandwiches, but the specials board really sets this place alight .
There's defiantly something for everyone on this menu and I would say try it.
The staff are very friendly and welcoming, the decor, a collection of accessories collected from there travels and warm spacious social spaces.
If your just after a coffee and cake experience you are well catered for. The cakes are all wonderfully made and displayed beautifully.
I cannot recommend this place highly enough. BRAVO CAFE NOMAD.

1  Thank Tomlinsonrob1