“Excellent food & excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Tandoori - CLOSED

Royal Tandoori
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Banquet Night 4 Course Meals for £10.95 Every day: 5pm - 11.30pm (dining in or take away)
Preston, United Kingdom
“Excellent food & excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Four courses for £9.95 and there is enough to fill an Asian elephant. All 6 of us left this lovely restaurant full to the brim and were well looked after by the polite and friendly staff. We also had poppadoms for starters, 8 pints of Cobra and two large red wines and the bill was £97!!!!
Definite value for money and will visit again next time in Scarborough.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Abesontour

Buxton, United Kingdom
“one of the best we have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

we went to this Indian and had a four course meal for 10 pounds and it was beautiful the flavors were soooooo nice and there was plenty to eat we were all stuffed the staff are all nice and friendly a reel little gem thank you to you all for a lovely meal we will be back when we are in scarborough next time thanks

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank mjcanddec
Edinburgh, UK
“Very good Indian....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Researched some restaurants on a family visit to Scarborough. Eventually chose Royal Tandoori and we did not leave disappointed.

Big portions, great prices and very friendly service. Will be back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Queen S
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Best Indian I have ever eaten!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We only went to this Indian as I have a tastecard which gets you 241 on main courses.
I am so glad that we did go here!

So we started off on a bad foot because I went into the restaurant and asked if we could bring our own drinks, as many Indians by us are not licensed. He said we could so we went to the nearest shop and brought some wine. We then went back and sat at our table, only to be told there would be 20% service charge for our own drinks. As he never explained this we were a bit miffed but all was sorted :)

Ok, so then we ordered. Had some Poppadoms to start with a huge array of sauces including lime pickle, mango chutney, desiccated coconut, mint ratia and diced onions.
I had Chicken Bhuna, pilau rice and plain naan, which I have at every Indian I go to, mainly so I can review what is a good Indian. This Bhuna was so fresh, you could taste all the individual flavours and the chicken was very succulent. There wasnt a lot of sauce with the curry which I love. Pilau rice and plain naan, you can't really go wrong with. Portions were generous and prices were FANTASTIC (even without a tastecard)
My Bhuna was £4.20. My Mom had Chicken Birryani which was £5.50 and my Dad had Chicken Saag which was also £4.20.
After the meal we had slices of orange to cleanse our pallets. We then had a glass of bailey's for the ladies and brandy for the gents which was complementary.
Service was excellent and I think the 20% service charge for your own drinks is reasonable. They put our wine in a cooler and kept topping us up.

Sometimes after a curry I feel an uncomfortable bloated feeling that can come from using a lot of ghee. I did not experience this at all.

Fantastic Meal!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Annie J
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this place during a weekend away. The staff were a little over-attentive for my taste, and they didn't communicate well with each other (one staff member removing the chutneys without asking, straight after we said to another that we wanted to keep them!). However, the food was good and there was tons of it for the money. There were lesser seen dishes on menu as well as all the usual favourites, and it all arrived very quickly. Well worth a visit.

• Visited May 2013