“Great!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Boddy's of Bar Street Cafe
Ranked #55 of 353 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Boddy's Cafe in the heart of Scarborough on Bar Street in the pedestrian area. The cafe has been open since 1984 but the Boddy Family have been catering since 1962 just celebrating 50 years in the business.Boddys uses only local suppliers for all there food and everything bar bread and teacakes are made on the premises which we think is quite rare these days.We pride ourselves on our fast efficient and friendly service.Why not come and sample some of our home made food and cakes all served in great surroundings.
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

This is our favourite lunchtime cafe. Very quick service (great when in your lunch hour), delicious food and reasonable price. Would definitely recommend.

1 Thank 11Disappointed

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

We went for lunch to Boddy's after reading the reviews and was not disappointed. The Quiche of the day salad I had was excellent with such a variety of ingredients, and my partner had the homemade lasagne which he also enjoyed. The hot chocolate was heavenly, the only downside was that I was so full after the salad that I couldn't manage any dessert!!! I will be back to taste the vast selection of cakes as soon as possible!!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jill r
Dronfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

Have been here several times and it is a reasonable price and all the food is home made with a great selection. Would recommend the muesli scone, it is my favourite.

1 Thank Theresa G
“Great Coffee, Friendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Went to Boddy's yesterday for breakfast, which as I had my daughter with me consisted of cakes. A wide variety of mouth watering cakes and scones were laid out before us. I had a delightful slice of custard pie which was lovely, while my daughter opted (as always for chocolate cake), very rich and moist. She ate the lot. The double espresso I ordered was velvety smooth, dark and was not at all bitter (I don't have sugar, and a number of chains have a quite bitter espresso). Highly recommended, although only 4 stars because I felt that £7.50 was a little pricey for two cakes, a coffee and a small glass of milk.

1 Thank stevieg49
“Yummie food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We've visited Boddys a few times now and it never fails to deliver. Generous portion sizes and delicious food served by friendly staff. The only bad thing to say is the vast aray of mouth watering cakes makes it difficult to choose from!!

1 Thank Glesy