“Met expectations”

Ranked #54 of 358 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: British
“Met expectations”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Checked Trip Advisor for best fish and chip shop in Scarborough before visiting today. My wife and I enjoyed best fish and chip lunch ever at Lifeboat Fishbar. Passing on recommendation to friends who are having a break in Scarborough over next three days. Stuart and Marie Robinson, Wakefield.

Visited August 2013

Driffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantasic! The best fish and chips I have ever tasted!!!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I'm already planning my next trip through! Without a doubt the best fish chips I have ever tasted.
The service was so friendly and helpful. Lovely chatty ladies, and was all cooked fresh!
Highly recommend! You will not be disappointed.

“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

visited Scarborough on a day trip, and had consulted tripadvisor before we arrived to find the best fish and chip shop. All I can say is that we were not disappointed, had two cod and chips freshly cooked to order for less than a tenner. The two ladies serving were lovely and very chatty. They said they were almost overwhelmed by the trip advisor reviews. Thoroughly recommend visiting.

• Visited August 2013
“We must have gone on off day? Had better at home.”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Visited here as tripadvisor rarely let's u down but did on this occasion. My hubby and I both had the cod special £ 7.40pp for cod, chips, peas, bread and butter and pot of tea. Service was ok, located off main street, they do takeaw ay and small seating area to eat in. The portion was generous and I'm scoring 3 as we did both clear our plates. The musy peas were like water, the fish was more batter than fish and chips not great, very pale in colour and a little firm for my taste. Overall disapoiting there is lots of chip shops and competition in the area so would try elsewhere.

1 Thank kel8dave
Corby, United Kingdom
“great little chippy”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great little chippy just off the sea front with a small seating area in the back. Fish and chips was very good and the dining area was clean and tidy with good service.