“Excellent food and service”
Review of OakWheel Pub

OakWheel Pub
Ranked #110 of 382 Restaurants in Scarborough
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional Family run Inn situated in the village of Burniston, 4 miles north of Scarborough and 16 miles south of Whitby, Offering a well stocked bar with real ales, Homecooked Meals with special Boards, Open log Fire, Garden Seating, Undercover Smoking area, 5 En-suite bedrooms (bed and Breakfast),Free Wi-Fi and Free Parking.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I had sunday lunch at the Oak Wheel and although the pub was busy I was quickly found a table , the waitress was lovely and could not have been more helpful. I do not even understand the comments by Max D and feel they are completely unjustified and it sounds like they have just made these ridiculous comments out of spite or jealousy You only have to read all the other favourable comments from genuine people to see how well liked and popular the Oak Wheel is. Our meal was as usual first class and very good value for money. The desserts are also excellent. We have been regular customers at the Oak Wheel for many years and hope to continue visiting the pub for many more years. Highly recommended to everybody.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Lunched at the Oak Wheel today - although it isn't cheap, the food is well cooked, good quality and plentiful. Lovely chicken in black peppercorn sauce - the only caveat is that the veg weren't imaginative (consisting of standard carrots and peas). However, the the chips were fantastic

Reviewed June 2, 2013

One of the best places to eat in the area- fantastic staff and delicious food- the specials are imaginative and the chips the best I have ever tasted. Very clean and well organised.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We've driven past this place a lot and decided to call in on a lovely Saturday evening for a meal. I think, like a many pubs these days, that this place is torn between being a pub or a restaurant. It looks like an old style pub with a dark wood interior with a lot of pub style dark wood tables; cutlery in a paper napkin and pub-style placemats. Meals are ordered at the bar and there is little in the way of ambience. However, the prices were more like those of a decent restaurant. I am a fussy vegetarian and often struggle to find something on a menu and this was no exception as choice was very limited. My husband ordered the duck (£15) and the nutroast for me (£12). I have to say that the food was lovely and portions good. We asked for a jug of water on the table which my husband had to collect it from the bar in glasses as they did not have a jug (?). There was little interaction with the staff and the table was swiftly cleared when we finished and we were not asked if there was anything else in the way of desserts/coffees/drinks we required. So within the hour after having to go to the bar and pay we were in and out feeling a bit flattish. If we go for a pub meal I don't mind cheapish and cheerful. If I go to a restaurant I prefer to enjoy a leisurely couple of hours of indulgence and ambience and don't mind at all paying prices accordingly. So this wasn't for me.

1  Thank roombudYork
Reviewed April 12, 2013

You will not believe how much food you get in this lovely pub. The trouble is it is so nice you never want to leave any so we always eat too much.
The staff are very friendly and efficient. Their Sunday Lunch is well worth a try.

1  Thank KG4044