Grand Hotel Scarborough
$199
Palm Court Hotel(Scarborough)
$152
$133
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
$199
$88
Weston Hotel(Scarborough)
$122
6,960 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Didnt deal with hotel direct booked online @ booking .com 12/10/2013 got room 701 which turned out to be a penthouse suite....well all i can say is room was very good clean,tidy with stunning ALL ROUND VIEWS of scarborough paid £59 for my wife and i the staff were very polite and helpful we had a good time only critisism cabaret finished @ 1030 pm but bar didnt shut till midnight and the in morning breakfast was ok apart from plastic tasting sausages and couldnt find any bread to toast which when asked waiter he replied bread is rubbish which i found out had been taken away on account of it been mouldy

Room Tip: See if you can obtain the penthouse suites 701-702-703-704 (turrettes)
1  Thank ANDREW L
Grand724, Manager at Grand Hotel Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. In relation to your dining experience this feedback has been passed on to our catering department.
We look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed for two nights bed, breakfast and evening meal, and for the price this was a good experience! Although the rooms were basic, furniture with no handles, etc. it was clean and comfortable and there is still evidence that current owners are trying to maintain a sense of opulence in what must be a challenging market! We up graded and got a sea view and a slightly different menu but it would have been nice to have dined in the harbour lights. The entertainment was very good, albeit a bit tongue in cheek but there is definitely an audience for this sort of holiday. We d definitely go back-excellent location and reasonable service and brilliant value for money!

Room Tip: Upgrade-you get a sea view!
1  Thank Dottie119

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

On our arrival, as the name suggests the reception area indeed is very grand and quite impressive, my girlfriend likened it to being on the set of The Titanic, later I suggested more like The Shining, but once up to our room we found, despite asking for one, we had no view whatsoever, apart from a brick wall directly outside our window which completely blocked out even basic daylight let alone any sun. If they had just E-mailed me to say rooms at that price won't have a view but for an upgrade of whatever pounds...
The receptionist as we arrived said we'd have to bear with him as it was his first day, and the next person we spoke to later on had a badge on saying "Trainee" so I guess they have a fair turnover of staff...
the room was as far away as it could be and took 2 LIFTS to get to. Once inside we found not only no spare pillows, a dirty, old, spare blanket that was I promise you in holes, but a spot of fresh blood on the sheets on the bed. The ONLY redeeming feature was the whirlpool bath which filled really quickly with red hot water and worked a treat.
As there are no phones in the rooms we had to wait till we went back down to reception to ask about spare pillows and a fresh clean sheet. Unfortunately there was a queue to complain with an elderly woman at the front getting quite upset at possibly having to move a third time that week because of beetles in her baths. Followed by a couple complaining that their original room had no hot water, so they'd paid to upgrade to an Executive room which also had no hot water and was smaller than their first room.
I told my complaint to the "Trainee" who typed it all into a computer and assured me it would be dealt with, but on our return after our two lift rides found the room exactly as we had left it. Again no phones and as the listed contact No is an 0845 one, I had to pay a premium rate to ring reception off my mobile. The pillows and sheet took about 30 minutes to arrive by which time we were ready for bed so I just grabbed the pillows and shut the door...
The breakfast was completely inedible, disgusting, and I'm a lorry driver so have had my fare share of ropey meals, but this was mostly very undercooked and some bits of bacon looked raw. Tasteless coffee, beans, tomatoes, Juice... Wont say orange because despite its colour as I said, tasteless...
It seems to be run on the tightest budget and if the owners just spent an extra 5% on training and just buying slightly better food this could be a great hotel again.

Room Tip: Have no experience of the other rooms but the economy rooms are VERY economy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel in regards to your recent stay. I would like to apologise to you regarding the quality of your dinning experience, we are constantly reviewing our offering to bring the best value food and dinning experience.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I booked for my partner and I to have an overnight break on 19th October via laterooms.com. The original price quoted was £135, ours for £49. The first room we were given was in the basement, off the carpeted corridor and next to the boiler room. The room was dirty, the windows filthy, and the bathroom grout was black. The carpet was stained and dirty. I went back to reception and was given the keys to another room on the second floor...... We opened the door and there was no carpet or furniture in it!!!! Back down to reception to be given the keys to the third room. Yet another part of the hotel, down an obviously unsafe lift that dropped by a few inches before moving. This room had a lovely view of a black bin liner against the window, the room smelt of mould, and the paper was hanging off in the bathroom. Again the carpet was stained and the floor in the bathroom was cracked and dirty. Back to reception and we were given the keys to the fourth room. Much the same. After about 2 hours of going back and forth we went for a drink and decided to book out and find somewhere else. The Cresent across the road was heaven!! We returned to the Grand and asked for a refund. They were reluctant to give one, but persistence paid off and we moved to the Cresent where we were made to feel welcome, the accommodation and service was unbeatable. I would strongly advise anyone from staying at the Grand, the title of the hotel is a joke and their customer service was severely lacking! We shall not be returning. On a last note, each time we returned to reception, numerous couples were doing the same as us and complaining about their rooms.

Room Tip: try cleaning and refurbishing the rooms
3  Thank debby l

Dear Guest,
As you have posted directly to a review site I cannot contact you directly to discuss your experience. Our management team are available 24 hours a day to assist with anything you are concerned about during your stay. There are currently a number of refurbishment projects due to commence over the coming year within the hotel. Please do feel free to contact us direct.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Awful! Such a shame as this place could be lovely. Beatific on the outside, very tired and dirty on the inside. For £45 I wasn't expecting much but I did at least expect a window! It felt like a prison cell! Horrible stains on the carpet, stay away!

Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. The room which you stayed in was one of our value rooms, these rooms are the newest additions to the hotel, offering good value for money, all of our value rooms contain air cooling with the addition of a fan for your comfort. To guarantee a room with a window it is advisable to upgrade to an executive room which have sea views.