“Lovely rooms and location”

Beiderbecke's Hotel
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Staffordshire, England
“Lovely rooms and location”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed for 1 night in a deluxe suite room, which was really lovely. The hotel is in The Crescent, which is nice and quiet and good for parking. The Beiderbecke is a lovely old stone building and our suite room had fantastic views with three big windows over the Crescent to the sea. The room was really spacious, and comfortable. Bed was a king. Good size bathroom.
We felt the bar was a bit cruddy, when we had our pre-dinner drink. Maybe it just needs lightening up a bit.
We ate dinner in Marmalades Brasserie within the hotel, on a night when they had a jazz trio playing - this was nice soft jazz, not blast your ear off stuff. The food and service were excellent, as was the ambience. Breakfast was very good also.
If we went back to Scarborough I would definitely stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe suite room. If that is too pricey, ask for a room overlooking the Crescent as you ge...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JonoLion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Scarborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2012

our wedding was made extra special by the staff at beiderbecke's they took care of everything so we could just enjoy the day.All the guests commented how beautiful everything looked and all had a very good time. Thank you to all the staff. Would recommend to all

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Very good price indeed for a comfortable and friendly hotel in the centre of Scarborough. Food is good, welcome even better.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dundee
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Arrived late and was warmly greeted by the manager,my room was spacious and spotless with a lovely view over Scarborough,although I never had an evening meal,the restaurant looked inviting,the barman was pleasant and helpful,the breakfast was excellent and there was a good choice.
All in all I enjoyed my short stay here, and will be back

Room Tip: A front facing room would be good.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Northern Ireland
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Spent one night in this delightful hotel and wish it had been longer. We were there on a Thursday night when they have a jazz trio playing in the brasserie. The music and singing were absolutely brilliant. Prints of famous jazz musicians decorate the walls.
The room we were allocated was enormous as was the en suite bathroom. The hotel looked as though it had been recently decorated. The staff were extremely friendly and polite.
The hotel itself is well situated for shopping and the seafront and was relatively easy to find. Car parking spaces appeared in short supply though we were lucky.
The deal we bought was for B and B and evening meal and with a bottle of Prosecco wating for us in the room.
The food in the restaurant was first class. The cooked breakfast was freshly cooked and piping hot.
We would definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank terrinphil
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2011

The hotel is around the corner from the main shopping area and a short walk from the foreshore. We stayed for two nights mid week. The layout of the hotel is a little quirky. The room we had was spacious and clean. On the whole the room was in good condition and comfortable. Some of the hotel appears a little tired, but it's clean and tidy. For the reduced rate is was very good value. We were able to park immediately outside the hotel in a very small parking area. Parking needs consideration: check with the hotel. There was a good breakfast and the service was excellent. A meal in the Brasserie tasted excellent but, unlike the breakfast, the portions were small - especailly for Yorkshire. I wonder if the portion size is related to our taking advantage of a special midweek menu. Based on that, there are better value places to eat out, but the quality was good as was the friendly service.

All in all a good value hotel at the rate we paid. I will consider staying there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DJG300
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,313 helpful votes
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I arrived here after reserving a room through laterooms and after previous stays, had requested a larger double room. Unfortunately the hotel had not received my booking and the receptionist told me there were no larger double rooms left and I had a standard double. On first impressions the room seemed ok but when I went into the bathroom, it smelt of drains and wasn't particularly clean either with mould on the sealant on some of the fixtures. I phoned reception to report the smell and was immediately allocated a larger double room (which must have JUST become available as it wasn't 10 minutes earlier). The second room was fine and I had a good nights sleep. At breakfast I ordered a full breakfast with poached eggs which was ok except that the poached eggs were hard boiled (a new experience for me). I mentioned it to the staff but wasn't offered a replacement and as I had only limited time, I didn't force the issue. I ate the breakfast minus the hard boiled poached eggs and checked out. On check out the receptionist asked me how was my stay and I mentioned the H B eggs and she suggested to ask for soft poached eggs (although I didn't realise there were any type of poached eggs other than 'soft') On the whole the hotel is ok but I think they need to send the cook on a training course on how to poach eggs and that if I stay again, I will ask for soft poached eggs with my breakfast as the receptionist suggested.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business