“A lovely experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Emma's coffee lounge
Ranked #5 of 30 Coffee & Tea in Scarborough
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dundee, United Kingdom
“A lovely experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

As a teen, I tend to spend lots of my time in coffee shops, mainly the big chains like Costa, and while I was wandering round Scarborough on a short break with my family and was begging for a coffee. Costa's was really packed, so it was suggested that we find somewhere else, and as fate had it, we found Emma's coffee lounge! As soon as I walked in I loved it! The place was beautifully decorated, the service was lovely and my caramel latte was delicious!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank RobynMW
Sophia3011, Owner at Emma's coffee lounge, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Oh what a lovely review and one up for all us independents who try so hard! To win over a young person like yourself makes all the staff very proud. Thank you

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Emma's Coffee Lounge My Shopping Break ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

This is my regular break from shopping in Scarborough. The staff are always very friendly and the service is quick. Lovely coffee with a toasted tea cake.

1 Thank Laphroiag
Sophia3011, Owner at Emma's coffee lounge, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Sorry I seem to have missed replying to your review and as you say we are your regular shopping break no doubt you have visited us since your review. Hope all is still well with our service and you are still enjoying the coffee and teacake.
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Very friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

As a family we have been going to Emmas for over 18 years and have always been met with a warm greeting the food is excellent jacket potatoes are oven baked not microwaved cakes apple pies and such like all baked on the premises sandwiches made to order so if you visit scarborough call at Emmas you won't be disappointed

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Irene B
Sophia3011, Owner at Emma's coffee lounge, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Emma's, we must be getting something right if you have been visiting us for 18 years! Is that a record? We are always pleased when people enjoy our food and service.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“are saturdays at emmas restaurant by dereck and val”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

me and my wife visit emmas every saturday and the food is excellent the staff are very friendly we have been visiting emmas for the last 20 years and me and my wife have to disagree with the last review but i suppose you all ways get one but if you want a grate cup of coffee our tea and something to eat then you must go to emmas you will not be disappointed

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank michael t
Thank you for your kind words we love to see people each week and catch up on all their news, and we are pleased you enjoy our company!
“Excellent food and service :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We visited this coffee shop for a quick snack in January. My son who is a rather fussy eater cleaned his plate. I had the the home made soup which was lovely and perfect warmer for a cold day. I found the staff very warm and friendly. I have to disagree with the last review but I suppose you can't please everyone!!

Thank you, it is good to hear that we can get it right some of the time. We are pleased your son enjoyed his meal, children can be our the greatest critics of food, so we are especially pleased to have his response!