“Emma's Coffee Lounge My Shopping Break ”

Emma's coffee lounge
Ranked #5 of 28 Coffee & Tea in Scarborough
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: an excellent cafe/restaurant in Scarborough serving mainly traditional English food
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

This is my regular break from shopping in Scarborough. The staff are always very friendly and the service is quick. Lovely coffee with a toasted tea cake.

1  Thank Laphroiag
Sophia3011, Owner at Emma's coffee lounge, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Sorry I seem to have missed replying to your review and as you say we are your regular shopping break no doubt you have visited us since your review. Hope all is still well with our service and you are still enjoying the coffee and teacake.

There are newer reviews for Emma's coffee lounge

Reviewed January 21, 2014

As a family we have been going to Emmas for over 18 years and have always been met with a warm greeting the food is excellent jacket potatoes are oven baked not microwaved cakes apple pies and such like all baked on the premises sandwiches made to order so if you visit scarborough call at Emmas you won't be disappointed

1  Thank Irene B
Sophia3011, Owner at Emma's coffee lounge, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Emma's, we must be getting something right if you have been visiting us for 18 years! Is that a record? We are always pleased when people enjoy our food and service.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

me and my wife visit emmas every saturday and the food is excellent the staff are very friendly we have been visiting emmas for the last 20 years and me and my wife have to disagree with the last review but i suppose you all ways get one but if you want a grate cup of coffee our tea and something to eat then you must go to emmas you will not be disappointed

2  Thank michael t

Thank you for your kind words we love to see people each week and catch up on all their news, and we are pleased you enjoy our company!

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We visited this coffee shop for a quick snack in January. My son who is a rather fussy eater cleaned his plate. I had the the home made soup which was lovely and perfect warmer for a cold day. I found the staff very warm and friendly. I have to disagree with the last review but I suppose you can't please everyone!!

Thank you, it is good to hear that we can get it right some of the time. We are pleased your son enjoyed his meal, children can be our the greatest critics of food, so we are especially pleased to have his response!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Sorry to disagree with other reviews but this had a major flaw. We called in for a drink while walking around the town. Attractive from the outside but once inside there was a total lack of warmth and friendliness. Whoever was behind the counter showed no interest whatsoever in what we might want and when the drinks were served the waitress was no better. Sorry but given the choice in town we would not recommend

Sophia3011, Owner at Emma's coffee lounge, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

I am very sorry that this has been your experience, it is certainly not to our usual standard and for that I can only apologise. I am however grateful for you taking the time to write your review as we shall take on board that this has happened and address your complaints to all our staff and look at ways that we can improve this service. I am a little puzzled as you refer to the staff member behind the counter and the waitress who served your drinks to the table. We are a counter service café and do not provide a waitress service of drinks to the table, this is reflected in our prices. However, we always offer to carry a tray of drinks to the table, once served, if someone asks or if we can see they may find it difficult themselves. Perhaps this was the case, but this would normally be done by the counter staff. However, we will speak to all staff immediately and hopefully this will not happen to someone else. thank you for pointing the problem out to us.