“Fantastic experience”

Description: Recently opened new restaurant
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We visited this new Indian Restaurant twice . First night excellent. Second night we turned up after walking out of Tuscany Ristorante earlier in disgust, and went straight to Miaz as we knew we wouldn't be disappointed. Food is fantastic! Whilst they have a standard Indian menu, the chef specials are unusual and tasty. Be beware..... Huge portions, good quality meats and fish. House wine good too. Service second to none, and the whole place is immaculate! I would recommend this place to anyone, and can't wait to go back, litho ugh I won't order as much food! Ps prices very fair!!

• Visited August 2013

Blackpool
“VERY POOR FOOD”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

on a weekend trip to scarborough with friends. went to miaz on friday night, restaurant itself very nice but the waiter we had was a bit unfriendly to say the least . lager he brought was lifeless and went flat very quick.Beware of chicken puree,, which is chicken chaat, it was half prawn,, if you are allergic to prawn ,, like me, then it is not for you, other starters ok, main course, i had south indian garlic, which was tasteless, no garlic of any kind,really very bland, all 4 of us found their food tasteless, what is the point of having nice crockery if food poor, most off the maincourse was left, a big disappointment, we just paid our bill and left , not even a goodbye.
Just have to say as we found, not impressed.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank DTBluebells
Yorkshire
“Really Enjoyed”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

After going to see The Happy Monday we decided to go for an Indian, and this was the first one we came to we got the set menu the one that starts at 10: o clock we did have to ask for it and I do think they were a bit reluctant that we did not order off the normal menu and I can see why, it is excellent value for money we had loads and we left without us having dessert which was also included in the price It was one of the nicest Indians I have had in along time (apart from when I was in Goa), and would go again when in Scarborough

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank yorkshire9999
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A tsunami of oil”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Having had a little spare time to browse the various Asian Restaurants of central Scarborough on Easter Friday we decided on Miaz. The prices looked good but as the saying goes "You get what you pay for"

The starters were very very poor, for instance my choice of Anarkoli Chicken was missing several ingredients but made up for this by providing me with an unbelievably large coating of oil over the dish. I don't like to make a fuss so decided to let it pass & made the best of the dish whilst looking forward to our choice of main courses.

We had decided on a Miaz house special, basically a sizzling dish comprising of chicken, lamb, prawns, onions & more oil than Zero Piper Alfa had ever mined. My Wife's Chicken Jalfrazzi was once again another dish completely ruined by a crazy amount of oil.

This all got too much & we pretty much picked at the meal for a while trying to salvage what we could from the puddles of grease.

As mentioned I don't like to make a fuss but as the manager came to enquire as to how the meal was? I decided to tell him. Unfortunately his idea of dealing with my complaint was to chuckle a little whilst telling me the Chef must be over run & was being a little heavy handed. The "little heavy handed" statement was very patronizing. No apology or offer to make amends in any way shape or form was offered.

We were so annoyed we just paid the bill & left. Also watch out for the trick of charging you for the un-ordered pickle tray that comes as standard at most of the restaurants we use.

The one good thing to come from the experience was that I thought I would make my first ever Trip Advisor review.

• Visited March 2013
“Bland takeaway but pleasant onion bhajis”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Ordered takeaway, and it was mostly poor, with almost totally milk Butter chicken and a chewy chicken rogan josh. A shame really, it actually looks lovely inside, and very polite staff, and good prices and efficient service.

• Visited April 2013