“Well worth a visit” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mother Hubbard's

Mother Hubbard's
Ranked #20 of 353 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bridlington, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

In Scarborough today for a haircut, it was wet and windy, so we fell into the nearst eatery for some lunch, this was our first visit to Mother Hubbards, how we missed this one I don't know.
On entering the restaurant we were given a pleasant greeting and told to take a table of our choosing.
The menu is mainly fish, there are one or two meat choices, both my partner and I opted for fish though, 1 Large Cod and 1 Plaice, both served with chips and peas, we both enjoyed our meals very much.
I was the greedy one, having a sweet, Winter Fruit Crumble, served with custard in its own little jug.
All of this was washed down with a large glass of wine each.
The service was good, the food was good and the price was good, we will be back.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Excellent !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

As always when my husband and i go to Sarborough for the day we always come here for the lunchtime special. As always good service and excellent food. You just can,t fault this place. We have never had a bad meal yet.
Just one tiny niggle though today and i still can,t believe it. We had a coup of Tartare sauce and a bottle of Ketchup. Half way through our meal a waitress went from one table to ours picked up the coup of Tartare sauce and returned to the other table and gave it to the couple sitting there. Well excuse me if you don,t mind me saying how rude ! She didn,t even ask if we had finished with it. Come on please take note.
We will return and will continue to reccomend this place.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Not quite as good as last time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Have just been again over a year since my last visit but was a little disappointed. It certainly was nowhere near as busy as last year, possibly because of the smaller portions, maybe because the standard was not quite as high. It was nice, don't get me wrong, but did not give me the "wow" factor that I got last year. Have not been put off though, and will certainly give them another visit.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kevin C
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Niiiiiice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Went in and was surprised to see how big and busy the place was even for a Saturday afternoon! Service was prompt and attentive and the food was great too. A very chunky lemon sole with a crispy batter. I didn't use it ,but my father who came with me said that even the toilet was top drawer!

Bridlington, United Kingdom
“Great for Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Near the shopping centre and not far from the railway station is on the first floor of the building but now had a lift installed so access is easy. A very large menu but the main event is the fish and chips!

You get good size portions for a fair price with good friendly service. The lunch time special includes tea\coffee and bread and butter.

Full of regulars who go back time after time so must be good. We now make this our regular lunch stop when shopping in Scarborough.