“Fresh Fish and Chips”

Dining options: Reservations
Ontario
“Fresh Fish and Chips”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

When ever we are in Scarborough we eat here,Its got to be the best Fish and chips for miles.Lunch and Tea time special deals also.

Go up to 1st floor for restaurant then one more floor up for the toilets.

Its opposite Wetherspoons on the main shopping street.

• Visited May 2012

East Yorkshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Restaurant”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Service very good, did not wait long to be served and food was hot and tasty. The restaurant menu also includes 'non fish' dishes.

Visited May 2012
“Food fantastic - Service terrible!!!!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I love the food in Mother Hubbard's it is easily the best fish and chips in Scarborough but the staff are so rude it is unbelievable!!! I work in a hotel where customer service is a big part of my job and I was shocked and appauled at how rude the staff were to me and my grandmother. I live here in Scarborough and eat at Mother Hubbard's very oftern, because the food is so great I persuaded my grandmother to come for lunch there (even though she found the stairs quite daunting). But after the service we recieved last week we shall both stay well away from now on!!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Sazzybells
London
“Best Fish Restaurant in Scarborough”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Mum and I visit Mother Hubbards every time we go to Scarborough. After the last time we visited I mentioned to mum that there were no reviews online for the place which is a shame, but we then both realised probably because the restaurant is full of non web savvy pensioners, lol!
This eaterie is nothing to write home about from when viewed from the street and very unexciting when you actually make it up there, put it this, way no one is visiting to pull or to admire the decor! You have to climb two flights of very steep stairs to reach it, which is surprising when you consider how many senior citizens visit.
Traditional styling, with some booth seating. Very quick service. They do a deal where you get fish (haddock) and chips, pot of tea and bread and butter for £6.95 (lunchtime) and £5.95 after 3pm. We always have this deal. Portions are very generous. The fish is the best tasting I've had anywhere, back in the South East you'd pay £15 for a cube of fish and a dozen chips served 'jenga' style, but this is the business. Big fish, lots of chips, lovely batter and cooked in dripping the proper Yorkshire way. Very fresh fish.
Be warned though, last time we went they accepted cash only.
Toilets are very clean, but up another steep flight of stairs.

• Visited March 2012
Pewsey, United Kingdom
“Best fish and chips in Scarborough”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I've been going here for about 20 years whilst visiting my mother in Scarborough. Consistently excellent fish and chips, freshly cooked with friendly and efficient service. Mostly frequented by local residents and often very busy, so you can't get a better recommendation than that.
The menu is straight forward with not much else apart from fish and chips, which is of course what you are going for. The do an afternoon special after lunch which I believe is about £6.50 for fish and chips, a beverage and bread and butter so great value.
Rick Stein eat your heart out!

• Visited March 2012